Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everybody!
First of all sorry for my bad english - I don't speak so good (because I from Russia)
Unfortunatelly I did not find the answer for my questen in Russia, that is why I visit your great forum.
Pls people help me!
I got Toyota Tercel 1997, engine 2E, carb., mech. transmittion (5 spd).
I have a question:
Is it possible to put in an engine 4E-FTE?
I mean does it need hand-made modification to fit the engine 4E-FTE or it can be set up except 2E without modification?
Does anybody did it already or know something about it?
Thank you in advance guys!
Waitnig for your answers!!!
Alexander

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
It will bolt in yes. The wiring harness must be custom made and you'll need exhaust work done. You may also have to run a return fuel line to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tercel GTS -
If I understood you correct, the fittings of 2E and 4E-FTE are same? And all I need is only wiring, exh. hand-made pipe and ret. fuel line? Right?
And what about transmittion? Is 4E-FTE has a same fittings like a 2E for transmittion?
Tercel GTS really thank you for info! Waiting for you answer.

·
N/A bites
Paseo
5,859 Posts
Normally a 4efte comes with a transmission and it should be much beefier than what came on the 2e. If your car has manual trans it will drop right in, if auto then expect a little more wiring on the harness. All the motor mounts are the same or at least from the 3e or the 5e. I've never seen a 2e but since it's from the e family I'd expect it to be the same. Welcome to the board and keep us posted on your project.
Don't forget to upgrade the brake system before the engine though. You'll be amazed at the power difference and the stock brakes won't last long under high speed braking.
To give an idea of what I'm talking about this is where the gears run to redline for the 4efte.
1st - 68kmph
2nd - 115kmph
3rd - 168kmph
4th - 205kmph
5th - depends on mods.......

These numbers are approximate since here we use mph and the kmph scale is much smaller on the speedometer. But you get the idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts