So, i`ve been searching for a while and didn`t find any usefull info.. hopefully someone here can help me out..
So i have a 98 tercel with about 250 000 km on it
and when ever i turn.. even just one turn of the steering wheel... on either side... i hear this kind-of humming noise. Here`s the details...
- i only hear it when going at slow slow speeds
- it only does it going forward... with the car either running or not
- it`s not my power steering, i disconnected it
- it hums then it`s quiet for just a bit... then hums.. then quiet... and so on
- it sounds like brake pads barely touching a warped rotor
- i`ve had my brake pads and rotors changed in the last month
- braking does not change the sounds in any way
- the speed of the car makes it hum faster or slower...
- by brakes work perfect
- my cv boots are in excellent condition.. changed both last year
- i have some aftermarket rims... but had them last summer and did not do this sound...
- my wheel bearing seems to be working great (no noise at high speed or whatever... and no obvious loose in the wheels)
another noise i`ve noticed ever since i`ve had the car (2 years)...
when it`s cold out... below freezing.. and i havent let the car heat up for 10 min or whatever... i hear a kind-of rattle coming from my dash when goin slowly... then when i hit around 60km/h... it starts rattling and buzzing very loudly.. (sounds like plastic gears spinning at 16 000RPM)...
- if i slow down... it will go back to rattling
- if i hit my dash it will sometimes start rattling again... then go back to buzzing..
- once my car is heated up enough it stops
- last thing... my speedometer needle shakes a bit when its buzzing?
I`ve never got anyone to figure this out with certaincy... any help would be appreciated..