Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...wow. Now I am considering a trade up. It was a double cab, SR5, 5.7 liter. The engine romped pretty darn well. My only grip in the 10 minutes was the blind spot when changing lanes. If I could get a standard cab, in SR5 trim with 5.7, for say 26K range, I may be all over it like a fat chick on a fry...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Yeah, I drove one this morning double cab 5.7. Definatly sweet! But not worth the extra 16K after my paid for 2005 tacoma trade in. It sorta just reminds me of a very big tacoma just not as nice looking.
 

·
None required
Joined
·
48 Posts
Tom B said:
Yeah, I drove one this morning double cab 5.7. Definatly sweet! But not worth the extra 16K after my paid for 2005 tacoma trade in. It sorta just reminds me of a very big tacoma just not as nice looking.
Ppl asked me a lot why I didn't get the Tundra when I first got my Taco. My honest answer was that I didn't like the looks. They say they look the same but I see very boring styling, especially the front end and round wheel wells. When I got a few glimpses of the new Tundra I was glad they took some styling cues from the Taco and made a better looking body...381hp....NICE!!! Th thing I don't like is the back part of the cab, especially on the DC. I had ACL replacement surgery last Monday and plan on a inspection/test drive when I am able to walk/drive just out of curiosity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Tacoma beats Tundra.

Agreed.
After looking at the new Tundra, I'm glad to have the Tacoma.
It's surprising that Toyota stylists couldn't come up with a better looking Tundra.
It's bland - not exciting at all.
The Tacoma's easily more stylish.
(Phew! Was thinking I might have buyers remorse about not waiting to see the Tundra before buying the Taco.)
 

·
4.0 Smoking
2005 Tacoma
Joined
·
2,827 Posts


I dont know about you guys but i think the new tundra looks pretty dam good.

Saw one in person and they look really good. Very aggresive look.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
I have to agree with ya....I like the new design. Still like my Taco design better though. Heck, I didn't like the new design of the Taco when it first came out. Kind of kept growing on me I guess.....
 

·
Glockaholic...
Joined
·
180 Posts
TrdTacoma84 said:


I dont know about you guys but i think the new tundra looks pretty dam good.

Saw one in person and they look really good. Very aggresive look.



The standard cab 2WD reminds me of the Ford Lightining.
Makes the same power without the blower. I like would this model in Black :cool:
 

·
Registered
Tundra
Joined
·
58 Posts
X-SP said:
Ppl asked me a lot why I didn't get the Tundra when I first got my Taco. My honest answer was that I didn't like the looks. They say they look the same but I see very boring styling, especially the front end and round wheel wells. When I got a few glimpses of the new Tundra I was glad they took some styling cues from the Taco and made a better looking body...381hp....NICE!!! Th thing I don't like is the back part of the cab, especially on the DC. I had ACL replacement surgery last Monday and plan on a inspection/test drive when I am able to walk/drive just out of curiosity.
I will assume you make your vehicle buying decisions based on looks then. Me, looks will be about 4th or 5th on the buying criteria. I will weigh all things like ability, capacity, power, ulitarian and looks when buying a vehicle. Would you still have bought a taco if it was the best looking truck on the market but ONLY came with a 1.6L 95hp four banger and the competition had 240hp+ V6 and V8? I bet it's very unlikely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Regular Cab

I saw a BLACK regular cab. It looks MUCH BETTER than the larger cab selections. The truck for the most part is dog ugly though. I think this will HURT future sales dramatically.
 

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
Joined
·
406 Posts
Toyota is shooting for sales in the 200K range on the new Tundra's. They'll be down to 199,999 after next week. I'm taking delivery of one of them dog ugly DoubleCabs. It'll be a white SR5 w/ 5.7 V8, TRD package, 4WD, chrome stepbars. It won't look as ugly when it's towing my 23ft Yamaha jetboat. Looks are in the eyes of the beholder and I can't wait to behold this truck in my driveway....and I predict sales will be just fine. This truck will tow the Queen Mary!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Well,I'm missing the boat in my setup... :( Too bad it's not coming as a package with Crew Max :)
Anyone getting crew max Timberland mica?
 

·
07 Tundra DC 5.7 4WD TRD
Joined
·
406 Posts
The Yamaha Jetboat was a little known option that not many people knew about:) My uninformed friend started to berate me yesterday about buying all the Jap crap! I proudly informed him that my Tundra was built in Texas and my boat in Tenn. Then I told his UnPatriotic Ass that his Durango was assembled in Mexico!! That shut him up...when he found out it was true!:clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Impelled said:
The Yamaha Jetboat was a little known option that not many people knew about:) My uninformed friend started to berate me yesterday about buying all the Jap crap! I proudly informed him that my Tundra was built in Texas and my boat in Tenn. Then I told his UnPatriotic Ass that his Durango was assembled in Mexico!! That shut him up...when he found out it was true!:clap:
:lol: :naughty:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
I was hoping that the Tundra numbers weren't that good so cash rebates would be offered for a while. Perhaps then I would seriously consider one.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top