Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gangsta SC400 & 5.7Tundra
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas, I have been looking for a truck to purchase, finally went down to the dealer to test drive the 07. Let me tell you, the salesperson asked if I wanted to drive the 4.7 and I was like, "Nah, its the same as last years engine." He still wanted me to drive it, which I did... traction off, HAHA.... Well still kicks ass just like last years model....

But when we jumped in the 5.7, took the traction off, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is Nucken FUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, Fucken floored it, spun the shit out of the tires, slammed on the brakes and it stopped on a dime from 60-0!!!

I was not sure what truck I have been wanting, but let me tell you folks, this is it!!!! I am sold, so sometime this year I will be getting it, I am so envious of you guys which own them right now and the room in the new tundras is freaken incredible!!

So there you go, it's Milt approved!!

·
GO PATRIOTS!
8,678 Posts
Very nice. The 4.7 is a good motor for the prev gen Tundras, lighter truck....but it has nothing on the 5.7, it has insane power. What configuration will you get Milt? Reg cab, DCab or CrewMax? 2wd or 4WD?

·
Registered
18 Posts
the crew max pricing right now is 1G off at best for the most part. Most dealers are trying to stick to sticker... and they're selling great.

I just got back from the princeton factory as part of my truck champion training and it was amazing...

I'm driving one of the dealers right now and its amazing... not only for the power, but taking them offroad and pulling with them was amazing too...

·
Gangsta SC400 & 5.7Tundra
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dana_15 said:
Very nice. The 4.7 is a good motor for the prev gen Tundras, lighter truck....but it has nothing on the 5.7, it has insane power. What configuration will you get Milt? Reg cab, DCab or CrewMax? 2wd or 4WD?

What's up Dana? I think it will be the DCab, 2WD..... The lil woman wants the Slate Metallic...

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Miltdoggie said:
Well fellas, I have been looking for a truck to purchase, finally went down to the dealer to test drive the 07. Let me tell you, the salesperson asked if I wanted to drive the 4.7 and I was like, "Nah, its the same as last years engine." He still wanted me to drive it, which I did... traction off, HAHA.... Well still kicks ass just like last years model....

But when we jumped in the 5.7, took the traction off, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing is Nucken FUTZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Geez, Fucken floored it, spun the shit out of the tires, slammed on the brakes and it stopped on a dime from 60-0!!!

I was not sure what truck I have been wanting, but let me tell you folks, this is it!!!! I am sold, so sometime this year I will be getting it, I am so envious of you guys which own them right now and the room in the new tundras is freaken incredible!!

So there you go, it's Milt approved!!
Good stuff Milt. I haven't have the pleasure to test drive one and I still want it :D But this new truck is serious business, anyone can say that much whether test drove it or not :) Yeah most people are amazed by the brakes.

OneMnk said:
Anyone get any really good deals on the 5.7L crew max?
You thinking of trading in? Your lifted Taco still looks pimping though :thumbup:

·
Precision driver
2,105 Posts
OneMnk said:
Anyone get any really good deals on the 5.7L crew max?
I got my CrewMax that was stickered for $37100 for $31900. I could've went lower if I opted for the 3k rebate, but 0% was the wiser deal IMO.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Miltdoggie said:
Forgot to post on this......

but I have it.
haha congrats Miltdoggie :) Just like Dana said, "you're the man."

I guess the Tundra 5.7L is like opium, once you have a taste of it, even though you said you won't or can't buy one, you'll still go and buy it :lol:

btw you have a combined total of 15,300cc of Toyota muscle in your laurel :clap::thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
EchoHoLiK
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing