Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
What's the blue lights in the cup holder?

·
Registered
271 Posts
What kinda dash kit is that?? That doesn't look like a scosche and did you have to color match paint it? Also it seems like the radio is facing up.

·
Registered
06 TRD Tacoma Sport
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
boopie said:
What kinda dash kit is that?? That doesn't look like a scosche and did you have to color match paint it? Also it seems like the radio is facing up.
I actually picked it up at circuit city, it was already silver. I had to do some triming on it so the face wouldnt rub.

·
Registered
06 TRD Tacoma Sport
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fluxaholic said:
It looks like the Metra kit. They angle the HU up a little bit more than the Scosche kit.
Now when you say angle, i got a question. I had hell on earth fitting that damn thing in there. I used the factory stero bracket and just put them on the new HU. Is there a way to angle it more down versus the way it is? I thought about modifying the brackets so it would tilt a lil more down, but im not sure if you guys know a better way

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looks good! It'd look even better with a non scooped hood, and black mirrors, you know the whole black on white theme...:D:D I know this guy that'd trade you.:D:D Too bad they don't ship as easy as a HU.;)

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Looks good. The only thing I'm not sure about is the bug shield. It's messin up the flow of your front end. JMO

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Coastgardsman said:
Now when you say angle, i got a question. I had hell on earth fitting that damn thing in there. I used the factory stero bracket and just put them on the new HU. Is there a way to angle it more down versus the way it is? I thought about modifying the brackets so it would tilt a lil more down, but im not sure if you guys know a better way
Honestly, the easiest and cleanest way to do it would be to get the silver Scosche kit online. The fit is much better, the finish is much closer to stock, easy to install, and it won't cost you much.

By the way, it's a real PITA to get that double din HU in no matter what kit you use. I've done it three times, and it was a lot easier the third time, but still not something I'd look forward to doing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts