Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, I really like it. More so because of the silver.
  • I like the grille, more so because it is more split up instead of just a giant mouth
  • I would prefer the more simplified suspension
  • That catback exhaust sounds great
  • The lighting may be a bit more "basic" but I am okay with that
  • It's nice that the rear seats still fold
  • I prefer the simplicity of the interior
    • I hate piano black
  • I'd like to get rid of the sun roof
  • AWD would be nice but at the same time.... FWD is fine
I very much like the Avalon TRD. If I were to ever get one, there is nothing I would do to it because it is nearly perfect. However, I don't plan on getting another vehicle anytime soon so the Avalon TRD will most likely be far from my reach.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,593 Posts
As nice it seems, at that price point, a used GS 350 seems more attractive.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sorta is but I actually find the GS350 grille to be a bit more horrendous than the Avalon TRD. Avalon TRD may have a big open grille but the GS350 has a "sharp" grille.

·
straight cash homie
20,432 Posts
Yep, I really like it. More so because of the silver.
  • I like the grille, more so because it is more split up instead of just a giant mouth
  • I would prefer the more simplified suspension
  • That catback exhaust sounds great
  • The lighting may be a bit more "basic" but I am okay with that
  • It's nice that the rear seats still fold
  • I prefer the simplicity of the interior
    • I hate piano black
  • I'd like to get rid of the sun roof
  • AWD would be nice but at the same time.... FWD is fine
I very much like the Avalon TRD. If I were to ever get one, there is nothing I would do to it because it is nearly perfect. However, I don't plan on getting another vehicle anytime soon so the Avalon TRD will most likely be far from my reach.
Its definitely not a bad choice, though with any current Avalon, that grill is still a lot (I think they went a little overboard). Nothing basic about the lights here, LEDs like the rest of the line up thankfully. TBH, the Camry checks more of your boxes (no moonroof, basic stereo). When you mean simplified suspension, you mean less TRD stuff? An XLE Avalon would probably be your boat honestly.

Would I buy this car? If I had $45k, I'd choose other cars at the price point for sure.

·
8,167 Posts
Toyota already tried to erase a stigma of appliance with Scion and we know how it went.
It should undust MR2 maybe, but stay away from making sports cars for young geeks otherwise.
That's beside having about the ugliest grill I have seen so far.

·
straight cash homie
20,432 Posts
Too bad the GS doesn't have the latest tech features that Europeans have, and both the GS and IS don't even have Carplay/Android Auto (much like the current Infiniti Q60). Unfortunately for Lexus, the two are left for dead now since the money's been put into the LS and ES, though the GSF is still intriguing.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its definitely not a bad choice, though with any current Avalon, that grill is still a lot (I think they went a little overboard). Nothing basic about the lights here, LEDs like the rest of the line up thankfully. TBH, the Camry checks more of your boxes (no moonroof, basic stereo). When you mean simplified suspension, you mean less TRD stuff? An XLE Avalon would probably be your boat honestly.

Would I buy this car? If I had $45k, I'd choose other cars at the price point for sure.
Mainly in that as I understand it, the TRD suspension is just a basic suspension. There is no mode to change the firmness of softness of them. In other words, probably cheaper to replace TRD struts than adjustable struts. For the lighting, the tail lights are LED but they don't have that other sequential turn signal effect that the other trims have. That isn't a down side for me as "simple is best" and I am not that fond of those sequential turn signals as they are "backwards". The grill is still quite a lot but the way I look at it, ignore the bottom half of the grille and focus on the top half.

·
8,167 Posts
So, basically, you will be paying for TRD badge on the sides and even stiffer ride. That makes it sporty how? And appealing to young crowd that is bombarded with out of this world specs of EVs and all the tech they pack into them?
You can't take a sofa, add "sporty" name to it and call it young person appeal. Does not work that way.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, basically, you will be paying for TRD badge on the sides and even stiffer ride. That makes it sporty how? And appealing to young crowd that is bombarded with out of this world specs of EVs and all the tech they pack into them?
You can't take a sofa, add "sporty" name to it and call it young person appeal. Does not work that way.
It's gonna be a limited production run and if the demand is high they might make more. I like it quite a lot, I could care less about the tech and I don't consider an EV an option yet. A Avalon Hybrid maybe but not full Electric. Besides, everyone wants a Highlander nowadays. In comparison to my 08 Camry, a Avalon TRD is luxury and sporty. Though at that price, I could probably get a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,593 Posts
It's gonna be a limited production run and if the demand is high they might make more. I like it quite a lot, I could care less about the tech and I don't consider an EV an option yet. A Avalon Hybrid maybe but not full Electric. Besides, everyone wants a Highlander nowadays. In comparison to my 08 Camry, a Avalon TRD is luxury and sporty. Though at that price, I could probably get a Nissan Skyline R32 GTR.

You can get 2 GT-Rs at the price for 1 new TRD Avalon if you know where to look. haha.

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
  • R32 GTR
  • Chaser Tourer V(?)
  • Sprinter Trueno BZ-G(?)
But having something new is always nice and sure I would take a Camry TRD it feels redundant since I am gonna keep my 08 Camry so I rather have a Avalon TRD for that extra spice of luxury. Less is more and the Avalon TRD is most likely to fufill that despite being less is expensive.

·
straight cash homie
20,432 Posts
You can get 2 GT-Rs at the price for 1 new TRD Avalon if you know where to look. haha.
Yeah all the resellers are looking for them to bring here. Someone should just bring 90s Toyotas because everyones' fascinated with the Skylines :LOL:

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah all the resellers are looking for them to bring here. Someone should just bring 90s Toyotas because everyones' fascinated with the Skylines :LOL:
I love the R32 GTR but I would be willing to take a Chaser. I would like a AE111 Sprinter Trueno but those are seemingly rarer.

·
straight cash homie
20,432 Posts
I love the R32 GTR but I would be willing to take a Chaser. I would like a AE111 Sprinter Trueno but those are seemingly rarer.
I think the AE111s were destroyed just for their motors, as they weren't as popular as say AE86s and of course anything RWD/AWD like the R32

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,593 Posts
As much as I like the Chaser V, I would choose the 95' Mark II

Reactions: Vangm25

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,593 Posts
EPA wouldn't know the difference. LOL

Reactions: Vangm25