Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
here is the SECOND largest TN meet in TN haha, well whatever, enjoy the pics.

it was only me and V6camryTN (doesn't post a ton, but he's got a pretty sweet camry, just need some rims :thumbup: just for the record, i hate posting pictures of my car when it's dirty, and up high off the ground like a monster truck (in this case it happens to be BOTH)...so needless to say, hold the comments haha.

right, pics.

and a big hello to all my fellow TN'ers haha

nice to meet up with you again, man. keep me posted with the camry, it's looking good!!

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
VIS invader hood fettish eh? nice pics and we can hook him up with some rims, maybe a little badge shaving too, I still love that coupe

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
do you have one sparco seat for the passenger?:confused:

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lucanhookup said:
did u use GS foglights for ur kit?
nope, i actually used your idea for the fogs, useing the grand cher. fogs. they fit fine, there were large gaps on both sides before the car got painted, but while it was being worked on, i got the holes added in with fiberglass so that the fogs would fit WAY better, so now there's not the gaps on both sides of the lights. those GS lights are hard to track down, so i just got these in the mean time, but i still want to get the GS ones.

dysk8forlife said:
do you have one sparco seat for the passenger?:confused:
lol, actually it's even better, i have TWO sparcos in my passenger side seat haha. when i got my interior done i removed my passenger seat, and just kinda left it that way :dunno: and im getting my seat installed this week, so i've kinda just been lugging both of them around in the huge area of my car. it's pretty roomy with that pass. seat gone, i kinda like it, but it'a about to be no more when i get those 5 point harness. in. :smokin:

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
It'll be hard to outdo the meet when I had my Camry... but one day with hard work and determination... you might succeed ;)

BTW I know that parking lot.. It's the outlet mall right off the freeway in Lebanon :)

I met an ex girlfriend of mine there once lmao

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Big Body LX said:
BTW I know that parking lot.. It's the outlet mall right off the freeway in Lebanon :)

CORRECT, outlet mall it is.

it was kinda spur of the moment, i was actually on TN, when he gave me the call that he was passing thru, and we couldn't think of anywhere to meet, so he just said "how about the outlet mall" and i said "great" so that was it. otherwise we would have invited you or something, not even enough time to wash my car.

i hope everything works out with you and your situation, you seems like a very good father, just wanted to let you know!

i still owe you a ride in the sparcos...

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
lucanhookup said:
o mabe cuase u got a gen 3 the fogs dont fit as good as they do on my car....but those look like a clear lense and not blured out like the ones i got....

cars looking great!!
didn't you get your used? if you did, then that ma be why, i ordered these of off a site, so they came nice and shiney...well that was before i dropped them half a billion times, they got a ton a scratches across the face.

Big Body LX said:
You need me to come show you how suspension is done? ;)
YEP!! cause i sure as heck don't know how it works...haha i just ordered my struts yesterday, and i got my springs sitting in my room, i can't wait to get rid of this 4x4 look haha

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
felkajamine said:
nope, i actually used your idea for the fogs, useing the grand cher. fogs. they fit fine, there were large gaps on both sides before the car got painted, but while it was being worked on, i got the holes added in with fiberglass so that the fogs would fit WAY better, so now there's not the gaps on both sides of the lights. those GS lights are hard to track down, so i just got these in the mean time, but i still want to get the GS ones.

now if you only had paid attention i let a set go with blackwidow adaptors for only 60 bucks shipped dude.. :clap: :clap: that was 4 weeks ago!!!!

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AWWW^ see i would of grabbed those up in less than 5 seconds :eek:: :sosad:

man that sucks, ohh well, i will live another day, that is a bummer though

·
Registered
toyota camry
1,793 Posts
felkajamine said:
didn't you get your used? if you did, then that ma be why, i ordered these of off a site, so they came nice and shiney...well that was before i dropped them half a billion times, they got a ton a scratches across the face.
yea but the screen is blured out, i opened my fogs up to paint the housing black and the lense is blured......what year did u get?

either way u should get a blured screen becuase ur headlights are blured.......get what im saying?

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
felkajamine said:
YEP!! cause i sure as heck don't know how it works...haha i just ordered my struts yesterday, and i got my springs sitting in my room, i can't wait to get rid of this 4x4 look haha
K. I can try and help/do it at my shop whenever.. it'll have to be on a weekend though.

You don't have ABS do you? If so I'm a no-go... never worked with ABS. But if you don't we're straight. I should have all the tools you need except for the spring compressors (unless gen 3 uses some weird socket I don't have)... which are free to rent so no biggie.

I like the fogs clear and not combed btw

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lucanhookup said:
yea but the screen is blured out, i opened my fogs up to paint the housing black and the lense is blured......what year did u get?
i think it was the 99-03, but it would make sense that it would be different, since i got aftermarket replacemen, not OEM

and bigbodyLX;
see, i actually don't even know how to tell if i have ABS haha, that's why i wasn't planning on doing any of this suspension mods myself :lol: pathetic i know! i have the DX model, and from what i hear the DX didn't come with ABS, im sure there is an easy way to tell if i have ABS, i just need to know what to look for.

if you want to make a day out of it, i down, it'd be nice to see exactly what's going on under there, rathre then to take it somewhere and let them do it behind a curtain, i've been trying to learn everything about this car i can.

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
I think you have an ABS light on your dash if you have it. I also believe it lights up when you first turn your key to the ACC position before starting it... and it goes off after you start the car (like your oil, battery, SRS light)... but I'm not sure.

I've never owned a car with ABS (even my Sebring is top of the line and doesn't have the optional ABS)

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ahh, good thinking. well according to that statement, then i don't have ABS, no ABS lights came on when i turned to accel. i have seen the ABS light come on in mom's car, and it comes on when you turn the ignition. so i probably don't have it :thumbdown:

actually i guess "thumbs up" would be proper, since that measn you can help me :lol;

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Sounds good. Whenever you want to get it done let me know. We can do it at my shop or your place... doesn't matter.

Do you have an air compressor at your place? If not then we should do it at my shop. The impact wrench I use isn't strong enough to bust the bolts on the suspension bolts but I like it for compressing the spring and for taking the top bolt off.

I should warn you I'm not the FASTEST but I'm not the slowest either. We'll have it done in a reasonable time frame and you won't have paid $200+ to get it done... and best of all, you'll know the basics of it so if you decide to change it out, you're good to go.

(oh.. and my shop is heated btw ;))

·
Carzz R Xpensive!!111
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, i have one in my shop, but whatever you want man, i would probably have to get someone to cover a shift for me at work, since weekends are my main days. but that shouldn't be a problem. now i just gotta wait for the stuts to come in. i don't think i have your cell, we should probably trade numbers. i'll send you a PM man. we'll work something out, if we are going to do it then it needs to be soon, cause it's getting cold...burrr.

we'll just need jacks stands right, or will it need to be higher than that?

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
felkajamine said:
yeah, i have one in my shop, but whatever you want man, i would probably have to get someone to cover a shift for me at work, since weekends are my main days. but that shouldn't be a problem. now i just gotta wait for the stuts to come in. i don't think i have your cell, we should probably trade numbers. i'll send you a PM man. we'll work something out, if we are going to do it then it needs to be soon, cause it's getting cold...burrr.

we'll just need jacks stands right, or will it need to be higher than that?
We can do it at your shop.. it's all good :)

Yeah jack stands will work. I had forgotten that I gave mine to the guy that bought my Camry so I'm glad you brough that up.

Yeah just hit me up in PM and I'll give you my cell phone.

I'll stop whoring your thread now :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts