One more austrailian here in Tasmania
just bought a 1989 vzv21 one owner
137000klm almost like brand new:D
all service history etc.My first camry:thumbup:

·
Registered
1998 Toyota Commuter
3 Posts
HELP! I need a '91 Celica Coupe boot hinge.

G'day all;
Peter here, a.k.a. "Khan the Dog"
I've got a '99 Commuter serving mixed roles as a cargo carrier, mini-bus and camper, so I could be anywhere (usually along the east coast) doing just about anything, any time. If anyone has a strong, high 'roo bar, I'd like to know about it... stupid f***ing skippy already resculptured my front end once, now it's my turn. Payback's a b****.

My GF has a '91 Celica Coupe, with a broken left (passenger) side boot hinge. It appears all '89-93 coupe's use the same hinge. Good chance she'll also be needing the driver side hinge sometime soon too. There are no new parts in Australia, and dealer orders take about a month, ex-Japan. All the wreckers I've checked have nothing but hatchbacks; seems coupe drivers must be more conservative (or don't drive at night in 'roo country).

Does anyone have a spare they can donate/sell so I can get my GF's Celica back on the road, without a permanent boot-full of water? At the time of posting, I can pick-up anywhere between Brisbane and Sydney, via the Pacific or New England Highway, or anywhere nearby.

All replies and suggestions appreciated.
I can be reached on 0432-978-237 if anyone turns one up for me.
(And, yes, I've already posted my request in the "parts wanted" section, but since I can only really make use of a part already in Australia, I thought I'd mention it here too.)

Peter (the dog :eek:-)

·
Registered
1989 ST162 Celica
27 Posts
I'm from the country's first free colony, South Australia.
I live in Sensational Adelaide where the GP had it's best years
had a '89 ST162 SX Liftback but was forced to let go of it. now i share a SXV20R CSX.

looking to get that same Celica back soon too.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts