Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best air intake system, would it be a short ram air intake, or would modifing your stock air intake system be better?

on my camry, 2000, the air is gettin taken from behind the headlight, when i take the headlight out, the air is rushed RIGHT in, BUT the piping is plastic, and it is kinda bent a lot. So my question is, would this be better then a short ram air intake?

Thanks

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
wow i finally get to tell someone to click on the flashing search button, plenty of threads on that man not trying to be mean but there are a lot of people asking that question and it gets ol

well ill post a little info, short ram will get you better low end but it takes in a lot of hot air so your will notice you will have less of a high end, a cold air well make you loose low end but you get a nice high end boost (thats what i have in my 92 v6) course you can always take the resonator out of the fender and use a better filter on the stock box

·
Registered
Scion TC
202 Posts
i tried both short ram and k&n drop in filter.. i would go with K&N.. short ram you lose torque on low rpms (like most people say). also, it sounds cool, but after a while it gets annoying when you have to go uphill and your intake is screaming like crazy..
with K&N, its pretty much similar to stock.. but throttle response in mid range rpm is much improved compared to stock filter. also, when you push the throttle, it sounds nice too, kinda like short ram but toned down a lot.. plus, i dont have to worry about smog checks anymore.. overall, i like K&N a lot better than short ram..
i never tried CAI, but it would work the same as stock setup, so why spend money on it.. :rolleyes:

·
grrroarr... ?
314 Posts
KoboChan said:
but it would work the same as stock setup, so why spend money on it.. :rolleyes:
exactly what i was thinking, i'd rather go with a k&n panel too,
may not look fancy enough for some, but i thinks it's best choice

·
Registered
207 Posts
Full cold air intake is the best performance wise. If you dont have a lot of cash, get a K&N drop in - the last air filter you will ever buy.

Dont even consider a short-ram intake. They are pretty looking noisemakers that suck in hot air and kill your hp and torque. Leave those to the rice-boys and their civics.

- Paul

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
This has been beaten to DEATH!!!!!!!!

End the postings about intakes. And use the SEARCH button for god sakes.
You'll find out it has been covered many times.

*And for the record, anything besides the stock intake will cause power loss (As I have shown in many other threads).

Now could a Mod please lock this thread :)
(It shouldn't be in the Camry section anyways)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.