Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
799 Posts
I remember well, and a quick Google search confirmed: The #1 selling car the year I graduated high school was the Oldsmobile Cutlass.
Oldsmobile sold 520,279 of these babies. Nice cars, especially the ones with T-tops!

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember well, and a quick Google search confirmed: The #1 selling car the year I graduated high school was the Oldsmobile Cutlass.
Oldsmobile sold 520,279 of these babies. Nice cars, especially the ones with T-tops!
But it's like... nice! but where are they? You would think they would be considered a "classic" with how many they sold but they are just gone... Because you know... classic cars are only from the 60s...

·
Registered
438 Posts
The title of this thread caught my eye. Since my high school graduation significantly predated the link given above, I plugged in "best selling car in 1959" to my favorite search engine. The first choice looked interesting, so I poked on it. The immediate result showed that my version of Flash needed updated, and it gave a link to do that update. Since I just recently set this computer up, and installed Flash in the last week or two, I thought I'd check. It seems my version of Flash came out before my computer did. Sounds to me like the update notification was not legitimate.

At any rate, it seems, from another search result, that a Chevrolet sedan had that honor in '59 in the US.

·
Premium Member
34,681 Posts
Another interesting metric to compare by year would be aftermarket toys and add-ons based on year/decade. Back when I was in high school the two big things were "whale tails" and CB radios. The former made people look like complete idiots, and the latter was the bane to every truck driver in America.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts