Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Camry Expert/MR2 JR Xpert
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are a lot of guys out there with Gen 3s to 4.5s and I havent seen anything regarding their cars.

I am wondering how is everyones car running?

Guys like Eye8Pussies, BigBird, Eyeball, Warlock, Prnc_Charming....Just to name a few...(Open to all Gen 3s to 4.5s)

You guys were some of the first Camrys I really saw and researched and aspired to be like...

I would like for everyone who reads this to chime in as say how the heck your car is doing...even if it's holding up well, I know that work on a Camry never stops...

HOW'S YOUR CAR EVERYONE???

EDIT: *PICS ARE WELCOMED AND PREFERED*

·
97 XLE
97 Camry XLE
207 Posts
BUMP :thumbsup:

Well mine camry's doing great! =) just ordered some new headlights and after that i'm gonna redo all my interior lights to LED's. But unfortuanatly as winters coming along i'm probably gonna have to park my car as soon as snow hits but thats alright i guess :disappoin plus i have some mods i'm looking into but not sure how i'm gonna go about them :rolleyes:

~Kyle

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ Awesome Bro..Your car is looking good...Keep up the good work...Looking forward to seeing what next year will bring...

·
Wagon Crew
Camry SWAGGER WAGON
1,515 Posts
i think this could be a good thread.:thumbsup:

the Swagger Wagon is doing pretty good. i need to check her engine mounts considering her Torque Strut engine mount looked like...

but its all good now:D

shes getting some early christmas presents from me this wwek and next week.:thumbsup:, shes getting camber bolts, Cold Air Intake, and RSB put on soon:clap:

·
Wagon Crew
Camry Wagon
105 Posts
bump!

The war wagon is doing alright. Could be better lol. I need a new boot, find out where my exhaust leak is and then fix this grinding sound coming from the engine. I think it might be the water pump, im not sure yet. I only hear it at idle. It almost went up in flames last weekend. I had a short with some accesory lights that caught some foam under my dash on fire. :facepalm: scary shit. Other than those things it runs like a champ! :clap:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Mine died November of last year. :lol: Still searching and saving up.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
hmm, cool thread....

well between full time work and full time school (online so not really as bad) i have some things i have to fix, ok, so a lot of things to fix. but the engine runs smooth with only small sweating around the valve cover and the tranny shifts well with good color fluid. suspension needs some work though, as well as some hefty body (specifically paint) work. all in all i think shes doin great for 190,000miles, SCed and driven everyday by a guy who has to make time just to change his oil.

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats awesome...Everyone so far seems to be doing well...I guess this is where I give an update...lol

My car...well I have come to an unfortunate financial hault on my 5sfe build...:facepalm: ...so I have been driving around with a 5s with 185k and a leak from every damn gasket there is...Although...the 5spd is still fun tho...added some 25mm spacers and a 2inch drop on the front for now and an LED upgrade on all exterior bulbs...Just need a new hood and front bumper now...

LETS GET SOME MORE TO CHIME IN HERE!!! This is great :thumbsup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well mine had a leak in the distributer seal, so I fixed that and put valve cover set on at the same time, then a spark plug tube started leaking, so I re torqued all of them, and put a valve cover set on at the same time, then the head gasket oil seals started leaking, so I fixed that, and put a valve cover set on at the same time, then an injector started leaking, then another injector started leaking, and the oil pump seals started leaking so it's sat for half the summer.

I've pulled the motor and it is getting rebuilt with new rings + pistons + bearings + hone, and getting every seal, gasket, and o-ring that is even near the car replaced. It's also getting stripped and sand blasted to bare metal then some new paint + new copper brake and nylon fuel lines + custom exhaust, and it's getting a 5spd swap when I put the motor back in.

Also thinking of poly bushings ever since the thread showing how to make your own.

·
MR2 & 96 V6 Cam
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One thing I would like to know is WHERE THE HECK IS ADAM AND TONY THE TIGER?????

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
My car's fine. After I touched my struts and ball joints last November, I've been changing every other component under there:lol: My suspension and brakes sucked my blood so to speak for a good 6 months:lol: Well at least EVERYTHING is new, down to the last bushing.

·
Lord of the Sith
CAMRY 93' !!1!
1,085 Posts
SHE'S SCREAMIN PAST 7K!!

all puns aside, got my stuttery retarded acceleration fixed, and can now haul ass in a dignified manner :D ordering a rad next week!

·
Registered
1993 Toyota Camry V6
519 Posts
After putting about $2K into her last year, belts, waterpump, radiator, rear struts, new valve cover & distributor gaskets,& brakes, she is good for another 100K miles!!!

·
Registered
95.5 Tacoma
261 Posts
I hope you don't mind if I jump in here My parents 96 Avalon 1MZ-FE is doing well besides a deer strike, power steering leak at the pump, and a fake oil leak at the front engine mount. The Avy has 180,000 and she sais its the best car she ever owned BTW both my parents are retired and have owned many vehicles.. So were very happy with the car.. DAVE

·
Mario Mobile
724 Posts
My car's doing great, today I'm going to check to see if any tires are low on pressure. My next 'small' projects are putting cathodes in the trunk, getting tints, and buying headlights, not in that order.

I've never showed my Camry, I just bought it in July for 4.5K...a little pricey but well worth it. It's only a 4 cylinder engine but eh, it's riding really smooth.

Bonus points: what's the car in the background?

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
^ Sienna.

Mine's still limping along...

·
Mario Mobile
724 Posts
Nope...sadly it's not a toyota :p. Honda Odyssey. It's not mine but honestly, I don't like it, not because it's a mini van but the steering is pretty bad and the brakes are really weak, although it probably needs new pads.

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
One thing I would like to know is WHERE THE HECK IS ADAM AND TONY THE TIGER?????
well tony hasnt been around in a long time, guy has 4 different cars and cant learn anything from us here, we learn from his table scraps:lol:. just start a 1mz-fe turbo thread and hell show up:D.

adam just isnt around anymore, again, nothing to learn and just got "frustrated" with things. still has his car and is trying to get past a blow-by issue. gotta say though, his car is testimony to the strength of these cars. he beats the shit out of that thing on 6psi and that car keeps running, amazing. given he has had and puts alot of time into it.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts