Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Corolla LSX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to start a blog about my first car, and all the things i've done and will do to it. My 92' Corolla is an inheritance from my great grandmother. It's in remarkably good condition, Parked in an underground lot for most of its life. I'm slated to hit the 180,000km mark by the end of this year.

My car is 20 years old. As such things are starting to go:

Need to change my belts, (timing, pwr steering, alternator)
And while i'm at it im going to do the water pump.

Needs a semi-annual oil change. i'm thinking castrol high mileage and a high mileage filter

My exhaust system is slowly disintegrating. I need a new resonator pipe, and to change my exhaust manifold gasket and seal.

Light bulbs are worn out in various places.

My automatic locks aren't working anymore. Plus some would-be thief broke my trunk lock.

And i'm sure this is not all there is coming down the line.
I'M GOING TO DO EVERYTHING TO FIX THIS CAR MYSELF!!! NO WAY I'M PAYING SOMEBODY ELSE!!

Where to start?

Well i got the timing belt because its worn and i dont want it failing while my commuter car is getting me from home to work as well as my water pump. As soon as i can get some spare time to go to the shop at my work CONSIDER IT DONE! also depending on how long it takes me i might patch the hole in my resonator pipe with some sheet metal and replace my leaking exhaust gasket. Here's to my work in progress :chug:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts