Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
other than trying to decide to eat the red or blue pill i've been looking into the toyota matrix, finally looking to buy a new set of wheels. i've been looking here but cant seem to find much more info on it. does anyone know where i could look to find more info?? thanks in advance, andy.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
He has a link hidden in the text...of course it is to Toyota Canada's site, so I'm thinking everyone is a little jumpy on the spam call...

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was asking for some help, sorry. i just wanted to find a better site... thanks. so friendly here

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
i'm skeptical since your posting style (adding a link in the middle of a block of text) has been the same as MANY spammers who've hit the forum recently. my apologies.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
right, i wrote a paragraph explaining my situation and showed a site that helped me asking for more info in comparison, so without a link how would you compare? im not trying to be rude and im sorry your skeptical but its just lame joining a forum and being harked on immediately when you're trying to get help
. anyways whats done is done, can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
40 Posts
right, i wrote a paragraph explaining my situation and showed a site that helped me asking for more info in comparison, so without a link how would you compare? im not trying to be rude and im sorry your skeptical but its just lame joining a forum and being harked on immediately when you're trying to get help
. anyways whats done is done, can anyone help me out?

Sorry GLARF, my fault here. When I first clicked on the link I saw nothing so I thought it was spam. My fault here, sorry again.

·
My celica loves twistys.
1992 Toyota Paseo
659 Posts
well people jumped becouse first of all
you posted this in the news thread
error one XD

peole got jumpy on the spam call as weve had post that look almost like yours with hidden links, sorry but spammers do ruin it for other people

anyways what specifically are you seeking for
are you looking for performace info
or MPG info
reliability info

XD ask specific question and im sure people will post proper links
or answer your question right here and now XD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im mostly looking for mpg and reliability, i have to commute like an hour every morning into the city to work, so im looking for something that won't kill my bank account in gas, how does the matrix hold up on those fronts? im just not a big car guy so im just looking for some insight, i like what i've heard about it so far, im just skeptical because there are always things you dont hear

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
im mostly looking for mpg and reliability, i have to commute like an hour every morning into the city to work, so im looking for something that won't kill my bank account in gas, how does the matrix hold up on those fronts? im just not a big car guy so im just looking for some insight, i like what i've heard about it so far, im just skeptical because there are always things you dont hear
Since the 2009 model is a new generation of Matrix that has just been introduced, there will not be any reliability information, other than predicted reliability, based upon the information from the 2003 to 2008 model.

If you want Toyota's information, including Canadian fuel efficiency numbers (in litres/100 km), go to Toyota Canada's website: www.toyota.ca/matrix, select English, and then, in the upper right-hand corner, select the Matrix Navigation drop-down menu. From there, you can get Toyota's brochures for both the 2008 (old model) and 2009 (new model) Matrix.

Have you thought about a 2008 Matrix? They have proven to be good cars, and you will likely be able to get a good deal right now, as dealers try to clear out the 2008 models as the 2009 models come in.

·
IROC-IT-ALL-NIGHT-LONG
1995 Corolla
348 Posts
If you can get the Pontiac version in Canada, do so, will be cheaper to buy since it's a "Pontiac" and not a "Toyota".

It's Called the Vibe in the US.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
Hey I was also looking into buying a Matrix but found that the Mazda 5 was a much better car. Have you looked at that yet? It even comes standard with some nice looking 17" alloy wheels. Better mileage, cheaper price, funner to drive, better looking in my opinion and 0% financing and seats more people.

Cant go wrong.

·
Registered
377 Posts
the mazda5 in canada has a lot less than the one in the states... kinda sux... o, and most more too.

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/models/used/toyota/matrix/overview.htm

Got excellent reliablity ratings on the previous generation Matrix, especially 06-07. Their average fuel economy was 24 mpg, not bad at all. I don't know what that converts to in Canada, srry. :canada:

And I'd say spend just a touch more money and go for the legit Toyota rather than the vibe.

07 Matrix says average price range is $14,000-16,000 (USD, srry lol). 09 says $16,000-$21,000. Last generation would be a good bet for sure. :banger:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts