Toyota Nation Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1667 Posts

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
1,758 Posts
Hello Guys!

I am number three on the list of high mileage Camry's and now it just turned 527,115 miles.

Here it is as it is listed on page #1:

3) 523 guapoman2000 1992 5S-FE

I just saw Scotty Kilmer's Video who he posted December 28th, 2018.

Like him or not, he really gave a serious look on why our Beloved TOYOTA's last so long!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just rolled over 130k yesterday on my 1999 LE V6. Just getting broken in! :grin: I think I am the 3rd owner. My grandma drove it for years before me, and my aunt's family before that. Safe to say I've driven it a little more aggressively than they did lol.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hello Guys!

I am number three on the list of high mileage Camry's and now it just turned 527,115 miles.

Here it is as it is listed on page #1:

3) 523 guapoman2000 1992 5S-FE

I just saw Scotty Kilmer's Video who he posted December 28th, 2018.

Like him or not, he really gave a serious look on why our Beloved TOYOTA's last so long!
WAIT! There's a list!? I want to be on this list! By the looks of things now I should be #51 on the list. I just rolled over 345,000 last week! Who do I contact to be there? 1998 4 cyl base!

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
WAIT! There's a list!? I want to be on this list! By the looks of things now I should be #51 on the list. I just rolled over 345,000 last week! Who do I contact to be there? 1998 4 cyl base!
The list is in the first post of this thread. I keep that updated fairly well.
You’re #55 now, but I see it needs updating.

·
Registered
160 Posts
One (the only Japanese XV20) has 313,000.
The rest (Blackie, Goldilocks, and the green monster) all are clustered around 210-220,000.
I've gotta name them, 'cause I've got too many...

Cosmo

P.S. Goldie's a '98, the rest are '99's. All four cylinder/auto.

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
I edited the thread title to make it clear there *is* a ranking list, and where it is.

Drive on.

·
Registered
259 Posts
The list is in the first post of this thread. I keep that updated fairly well.
You’re #55 now, but I see it needs updating.
Yes. I need to get into the top 50 so I can WIN!

I'm actually at 346,000. I updated my signature too. Thanks!

·
500,000 + Miles
411 Posts
Real close to the 500K mark in my Solara. Probably hit it in June/July. I'll post with a photo when I hit the mark. Until then, some notes. I'm hearing some engine clunk at acceleration so I think my lower engine mounts are toast. Already replaced the front and dogbone mounts. Also loosing more oil now (over three qts in 5,000 miles) so valve stem seals and/or rear main seals are probably on their last legs. I was thinking about doing a preventative radiator change but looks like this one will make it as far as the rest of the engine without some pretty major work. Gas mileage is still pretty good at 24.7 for a five-tank average. It idles great, runs great, passes Chevrolets like a champ, and the transmission is still shifting, albeit possibly a bit hard from time-to-time. I quit using the sunroof for fear it would stick open or derail from its track some day. I had to do some work on the driver side electric window but it's working again! Lots of Toyota clunks in the suspension on rough roads but it still looks great. It's those hard-to-access $6.00 parts (valve stem seals and rear engine mount) that put these cars in the You-Pull-It yards!

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
1,758 Posts
Okay Gals and Guys,

Some of you might just reach my 1992 Camry XLE Mileage (Odometer Reading) since I ride in a Van Pool Vehicle to work and I just place one (1) mile round trip to the Van Pool Vehicle meeting place.:grin:

However, I have worked late and have been forced to participate in Testing at work so, I have place a few more miles and it is as follows:

My beloved 1992 Camry XLE (Japan made) has reached 528,673 original miles and still going strong and without rebuilt history!

The 5S-FE still have the original factory Fuel Injectors and the Rack & Pinion assembly is Factory as well!

(The Power Steering Pump & High Pressure Hose still worked but, was leaking so, it was replaced three months ago!)

Okay, let see...........................

Again, my Camry is on it's 2nd Instrument Cluster:
https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/103-camry-3rd-4th-gen-1992-1996-1997-2001-1st-gen-solara-1999-2003/1310833-1992-camry-xle-2-2-liter-auto-speedometer-tachometer-problem.html

So, the present reading of the newer Cluster is at: 175,635 miles. The reading of the newer Cluster when acquired: 132,977 miles <--Initial ownership from Salvage Yard.

The reading of the original Cluster from factory: 486,015 miles <---Reading when removed from vehicle.

*********************************************************************************************
Calculating the miles traveled with the newer Cluster: 175,635 - 132,977 = 42,658 miles

Calculating the TOTAL Miles for my Camry XLE: 486,015 + 42,658 = 528,673 original miles:grin:

This past week, replaced all QUICK Struts, Frontal Sway Bar Bushings & Sway Links plus Spark Plugs and Spark Wire Sets (NGK's).:wink:

·
Registered
57 Posts
We're at 260 on our V6 '98. We are original owners, it's been a great car. Steering rack is the biggest repair we've had. Still runs strong, smooth and quiet.

·
Registered
142 Posts
'00 CE 5-speed, no sunroof/abs, cloth.

303k. Will hit 305k by end of 19May.

Installed since purchase, 5yrs ago, at 212k: rear engine mount, (2) timing belt, (2) flex/cat, front/rear brakes, (2) alternator, radiator, and... clutch. Will continue to remember, yet that's it, except for gas, oil, registration, and insurance.

Zero electronic or long-block issue, simple preventative maintenance and repairs, car is a tank.

??) 303k sbagdon 2000 5S-FE orig-engine/trans, 5-speed

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
List updated, finally! Lemme know if I missed any.

1621 - 1640 of 1667 Posts