Toyota Nation Forum banner

1701 - 1711 of 1711 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah, got the car from my girlfriend's great aunt that passed away, she only drove to the pharmacy and grocery stores, sucks man.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That looks easily repairable. Might be worth saving. You just need a hood and rear bumper, possibly rear crash bar or just the foam. It really doesn't look like that much damage at all.

·
Registered
99 Camry Le "Goldie"
1,678 Posts
+1 was going to say the same thing. Seems like mostly localized damages
Front bumper
Grill
Hood
Rear Bumber cover

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sadly, at 358,000 miles I had to junk Monty. I didn't take a picture of his odometer before letting him go. Died due to waterpump failure and me living in an apartment that wouldn't let me fix it. He wasn't really worth fixing, lots of other little things that added up.

Here is a link to his Pick-N-Pull:
Too bad. I know you had a lot of work and some coin into the car. Hopefully you could pull the speakers. Lesson learned - a $700 car is usually priced accordingly.

·
Camreee
Race build '99 NA V6.
193 Posts
Hit 310,000 miles, fixed my trunk rattles, polished and did a full detail of the car, and reinstalled my POS $20 china dash cam then went for a cruise on dead empty streets.

Engine go vroom

·
Registered
272 Posts
Too bad. I know you had a lot of work and some coin into the car. Hopefully you could pull the speakers. Lesson learned - a $700 car is usually priced accordingly.
Oh it was entirely fixable and I would have spent about the same amount to fix him up as it would have costed to buy a decent Camry in my area. And of course I pulled everything. Except the cluster lights, but that is such a negligible item. It is all in a tub in my garage.

·
Camreee
Race build '99 NA V6.
193 Posts
Oh it was entirely fixable and I would have spent about the same amount to fix him up as it would have costed to buy a decent Camry in my area. And of course I pulled everything. Except the cluster lights, but that is such a negligible item. It is all in a tub in my garage.
Speak of the devil, just about to go buy a bunch of LEDs for various lights.

Do you happen to know how do you remove the small mini wedge base bulbs from the socket? Do I just pull straight up with a cloth wrapped around the bulb with channel locks or something, or do they twist left and pull up, or are they soldered in? Not the bigger ones but the ones that are for individual lights.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Speak of the devil, just about to go buy a bunch of LEDs for various lights.

Do you happen to know how do you remove the small mini wedge base bulbs from the socket? Do I just pull straight up with a cloth wrapped around the bulb with channel locks or something, or do they twist left and pull up, or are they soldered in? Not the bigger ones but the ones that are for individual lights.
They are straight pull. Honestly, I found it easy to remove by prying with the edge of my knife inserted into the socket to loosen the bulb a little. LED are usually a tad thicker anyway.

·
500,000 + Miles
2000 Solara
449 Posts
I'm at 530,000 miles now. I'll post a photo once I'm past Guapoman's mileage. Crazy how well that car still runs....hardly can hear it idle and sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't punch it quite as hard to pass but it doesn't complain. Fingers crossed the transmission and the rear main seal will keep holding out.

·
Almost 1/2 Million Miles!
92 Toyota Camry XLE
1,769 Posts
I'm at 530,000 miles now. I'll post a photo once I'm past Guapoman's mileage. Crazy how well that car still runs....hardly can hear it idle and sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't punch it quite as hard to pass but it doesn't complain. Fingers crossed the transmission and the rear main seal will keep holding out.
Ha! Guapoman is still here and watching! Congratulations on reaching this amazing miles on your vehicle. I can say that my former 1992 Toyota Camry is still running and the new owner is certainly using it as his daily driver! I may estimate that it has surpassed 550,000 miles by now and if not more! I am going to try and intercept the car at the new owner's work parking and going to see if I can see the odometer and will report back.

Enjoy!

1701 - 1711 of 1711 Posts