Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
REV
54 Posts
I have an xse v6, I don't know how you can make a sporty camry since the handling is already really good. I even got the all the red TRD stuff added like the calipers

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have an xse v6, I don't know how you can make a sporty camry since the handling is already really good. I even got the all the red TRD stuff added like the calipers
The TRD sits a bit lower due to upgraded suspension and has a different catback exhaust. Also the body kit and rear wing. Putting red parts on your XSE doesn't make it a TRD.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does the XSE 4 cylinder have the same suspension as the 6 cylinders?

Also are the brakes on the 4 cylinders have dual pistons?

·
South of the north pole
110 Posts
Does the XSE 4 cylinder have the same suspension as the 6 cylinders?

Also are the brakes on the 4 cylinders have dual pistons?
The XSE 4 cylinders and V6 have the same suspensions and brake setup but not the same exhaust. The XLE 4 and V6 combo is also the same, including the exhaust.

It seems the TRD is actually based on the LE version with convenience package and the addition of the V6, TRD specific suspension, brake, exhaust and interior/exterior trims pieces.

It differentiates enough from the XSE V6, but yet, I don't know that it justifies the price difference based on how much the improved handling/power/looks makes on a family sedan FWD platform.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
As far as I know, for the current Toyota lineup, having an X-- means luxury. So the XSE is gonna be more of a sporty version of an XLE. Last I heard the TRD is based on the SE which makes its price point after SE and before XSE which I sorta like. Though I am still likely to go for an Avalon TRD instead. The Toyota websites will have the comparisons on its Build Your Own Car pages.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know how you can make a sporty camry since the handling is already really good.
If your XSE is the sportiest car you've ever driven, I can see how you would think that it can't be improved upon, if you've had the chance to drive a well balanced, sports sedan, then the XSE leaves a lot to be desired. I've yet to drive one, but the looks are growing on me, and I am curious to see how it handles.

·
straight cash homie
18,818 Posts
That would be close. My idea is more subtle. 👍
As long as you don't go crazy with those LED bars, because bros love those

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
As long as you don't go crazy with those LED bars, because bros love those

I like that, just throw the spare wheel on the roof and it completes the look. I am still really... hmm... about LED light bars. They work great, can't deny that but I really don't like how they look on vehicles... Now if the LED light bar was like those four halogen(?) light on the roof I think that would match well but not a long rectangle.

·
straight cash homie
18,818 Posts
I like that, just throw the spare wheel on the roof and it completes the look. I am still really... hmm... about LED light bars. They work great, can't deny that but I really don't like how they look on vehicles... Now if the LED light bar was like those four halogen(?) light on the roof I think that would match well but not a long rectangle.
Brodozers ruined the lights

1 - 20 of 21 Posts