Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Drive Slow Cars
95 Posts
yea I've been watching that all weekend now and it is pretty cool....The Tundra owns for sure.... but if you closely on one of the videos the Titan starts catch up and they switch cameras right away. I forgot which video it was but who cares....the Tundra smashs all the other trucks.

·
5M-GE
2,901 Posts
It's toyota.com

Of course they're going to depict the Tundra winning :lol:

(not that it wouldn't be)

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
repinS said:
It's toyota.com

Of course they're going to depict the Tundra winning :lol:

(not that it wouldn't be)

I agree, they're never gonna show the Tundra underperforming any other truck. Not to mention you can't really physically determine that each truck has the same weight inside.

It's still cool to see it dominate, although it really didnt pull away by much according to the times. I was much more impressed with the stopping power.

·
Registered
220 Posts
do you think it will take some market share from ford and gm?

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
Thats just like when Ford had all those videos on their website that supposedly showed how the F-150 is better than everything else.
If its on Toyota.com, you can take it with a grain of salt. I still think the Tundra is going to own every other 1/2 truck though. Its pretty cool that their 5.7L beats the GM 6.0L by 20 hp. :lol:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
They are AMCI reenactments. The trucks are all similar configurations and use the highest powertrain option available.

Keep in mind, the Tundra is one of the heaviest of the group. The actual times are real, and the videos are believable. 6.11s to 60mph is right on par with Motor Trend's 6.0s time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts