Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 80 of 139 Posts

·
P0172 for Life!
20 Posts
Had mine for about a week - 90 3VZE/5spd/4x4

Of course, I broke down and fixed the front end a little bit

And some with Hannah (the xB) [yeah, I know I need to get the front end repainted]

·
TN Member
269 Posts
Just picked it up this afternoon:

New to 4Runners, not new to Toyotas. Looking forward to fixing it up a bit and keeping it for a long time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got a killer deal on a 95 with some pimp rims on it that I can't stand......I will be looking for some new rims and tires soon. Pic coming when I take possesion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is my 4Runner, just before I tried washing the salt off of it. Salt is this thing's only enemy. Just took it about half an hour ago. Sucks washing in the winter since the water just freezes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yehaw...!!!

I'm a newbie to this site but this is a FARGIN great thread! It has really shown me some great mod ideas for mine in the future.

Hear's my 91...you would not believe the shape it was in when I got her...poor thing. Actually, i'll try and post her evoloution!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good job Bof! Looks good. Weird... those are the exact same tires I had on my 4Runner when I first got it... where about are you from!!??

Mine was pretty rough too, it needed ALOT of work. Brakes/lines, new transmission, p/s pump, fuel lines/ fuel tank and associated hardware, shocks, ball-joint, timing belt, lots of flaky rust on the frame and rotten rocker panels.

It was sitting here for over 2 years... closer to 3 I'm sure:

Then I brought it home:

Now I'm finally driving it:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dood that's INSANE...I literally live 5 minutes from where she sat for that long (I live in Nairn) and have the EXACT same picture you have. Check these out!

I ALMOST bought that truck to save me all the time, money and work to get mine into shap. I was going to put my standard tranny in it and go from there...it's in gorgeous condition now though and I'm SUPER glad someone is treating her right.

Don't feel bad though, mine needed:
  1. Complete Body Job
  2. Temperature Sensor
  3. Clutch
  4. Exaust tip to tail
  5. Brakes all around
  6. Electrical "everything"
  7. Ball Joint
  8. Fuel Pump
And i "just" went out and picked up an O2 sensor and plugs as she's running a little sluggish with no power throwing the O2 sensor code. Those of us with the oldies have to LOVE them cause they sure are a lot of constant work. Just when I think I've got her perfect...something else goes. I guess that's what you get with a 20 year old truck with 400K on it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is unreal haha, small world I guess. Thanks for those pictures. Just curious when did you take them?

My 3.0 is running pretty good, I'm just going to put a new dist. cap and rotor on it soon.
Your right about the oldies haha, I've invested probably double what I thought I would just to get it road worthy. That said, its a very solid vehicle.

What sorts of electrical problems did you have and how did you tackle them?

I noticed another 4Runner for sale near the Esso station in Wahnapitae. Its a dark green one with what looked like the "Limited" trim. Its probably a 94 or 95, but it looks like its in rough shape. Just FYI.

Here is a shot I took yesterday:

Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread fellas...

Those pics were taken in March of this year...you're right though, I passed it everyday for a LONG time going back and forth to work and finally stopped this winter.

I've seen the same runner in Wahnapitae and she needs a lot of TLC...more than I'm willing to give but I hate seeing them in that kind of shape. There's another 91 on Kijiji in the area that would be a great parts truck for us as well but this close to Christmas and what I've already sunk into mine...I can't justify it right now...maybe in the spring if it's still around!

I work in Sudbury at the 4 corners...keep an eye open and gimme a wave if ya see me!

·
TN Member
269 Posts
my 94 22RE rebuild...

thought you guys would like to see some pics...

when we first pulled it out:

the cause of this madness:

finished:

the whole process took a long time...but i'm so glad that she's almost broken in! I figure i let it get to 1,000 miles on the new engine before i really cut loose... :thumbsup:

·
TN Member
269 Posts
thanks man, it was a big effort but i learned a lot... thank god my dad had done this before or otherwise i would've been out like 3 grand at least hahaha.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice 2010! I see the "salt-belt" edition comes with salt already on it :) . I hope you plan on undercoating it. Good luck, and I hope its a good trouble free Toyota product.

61 - 80 of 139 Posts
About this Discussion
138 Replies
88 Participants
bogie107
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing