Toyota Nation Forum banner

3141 - 3160 of 3195 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bonneville Salt Flats UTAH Near the Raceway

Did some donuts and caught my 08 taco out in an alien habitat (Bonneville Salt Flats, UTAH Near the Raceway). The salt is everywhere after doing donuts....it will never wash out of the wheel wells...was worth it. :rockon:

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
Did some donuts and caught my 08 taco out in an alien habitat (Bonneville Salt Flats, UTAH Near the Raceway). The salt is everywhere after doing donuts....it will never wash out of the wheel wells...was worth it. :rockon:

I knew I recognized that scenery...nothing some quality time with a power washer shouldn't be able to handle!

·
Registered
86 Posts
She sat in a weedy field for 5 months of heat and sun waiting for a frame replacement.
I spent about 12 hours detailing her back to life this weekend.
New frame, leaf springs, shocks, control arms, bushings, and a few other odds and ends. The motor is strong and the transmission is smooth 147,000.
Hoping she'll stay mine for a while longer.

Which shot is the best one?

·
Registered
8 Posts
You been happy with your trail gear sliders?

I have been looking for quite some time, but sliders are expensive, trail gear seems to be the most reasonably priced...for my budget anyway.
I got them installed about a week ago. So i havent tested them out yet. For less than half the price of CBI or Pelfreybilt(was my #1 choice) theyre pretty good. They are bolt on but you have to drill a lot of holes in your frame to actually bolt them, so i got mine welded on. Id recommend them so far.

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
I got them installed about a week ago. So i havent tested them out yet. For less than half the price of CBI or Pelfreybilt(was my #1 choice) theyre pretty good. They are bolt on but you have to drill a lot of holes in your frame to actually bolt them, so i got mine welded on. Id recommend them so far.
That is one of the things that has kind of turned me off on them...Really don't want to make my frame look like swiss cheese to install them as I don't have the ability to weld. If I were to have to pay someone to weld them on, then I may as well just spring for a set of BAMF's or similar that will bolt on with zero drilling (using all factory holes already in the frame to mount). Because the cost would likely even out.

3141 - 3160 of 3195 Posts
About this Discussion
3.2K Replies
1.3K Participants
Arclite
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing