Toyota Nation Forum banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
At one stage I test drove and considered a dodge journey... try not to laugh too hard.:smile:

No wonder you end up driving Camry if you were enticed to try Journey. I am not sure what would take me to sit in passenger seat of that attempt of an vehicle, let alone to test drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm overflowing with laughter. Everyone needs a DODGE. Never made that mistake thanks to others experiences. NO pentastars for me.

As I said, most Dodge’s are absolute POS, Durango and Charger are rolling on MB platform with ZF transmissions.
But, most Toyota buyers would anyway buy bridge to nowhere.

·
Registered
2019 Highlander XLE Blizzard pearl
851 Posts
No wonder you end up driving Camry if you were enticed to try Journey. I am not sure what would take me to sit in passenger seat of that attempt of an vehicle, let alone to test drive it.

It's a good price, it has some practical aspects to its interior layout and it has a V6, I got a rav4 instead, which did not quite have the interior versatility of the dodge but of course is far superior in every other respect The dodge grand caravan has a better mini van layout than the Sienna and is cheaper but how many transmissions will an owner go through with it.

·
Registered
571 Posts
It's a good price, it has some practical aspects to its interior layout and it has a V6, I got a rav4 instead, which did not quite have the interior versatility of the dodge but of course is far superior in every other respect The dodge grand caravan has a better mini van layout than the Sienna and is cheaper but how many transmissions will an owner go through with it.

Dodge’s that are good are those with longitudinal engine.
Caravan is more versatile on the paper. But, main advantage that Caravan has is also a problem. Those seats that collapse into the floor are also super thin and uncomfortable.
RAV4 is better vehicle than Journey in every aspect. In Europe however, FCA offered drastically upgraded Journey with FCA Diesel engines and stick shift. Still, was not some seller but interesting combination.

·
Registered
2019 Highlander XLE Blizzard pearl
851 Posts
Dodge’s that are good are those with longitudinal engine.
Caravan is more versatile on the paper. But, main advantage that Caravan has is also a problem. Those seats that collapse into the floor are also super thin and uncomfortable.
RAV4 is better vehicle than Journey in every aspect. In Europe however, FCA offered drastically upgraded Journey with FCA Diesel engines and stick shift. Still, was not some seller but interesting combination.

I wouldn't say in every respect, Japanese vehicles are lacking in some aspects of comfort, lack of seat adjustment etc, but what the do well they very well.The hip room in the rear of the 4th gen Rav 4 is borderline awful, the rear suspension travel is poor, but overall it works fine for what it is. The highlander is in a different league to the rav4 in every respect.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I wouldn't say in every respect, Japanese vehicles are lacking in some aspects of comfort, lack of seat adjustment etc, but what the do well they very well.The hip room in the rear of the 4th gen Rav 4 is borderline awful, the rear suspension travel is poor, but overall it works fine for what it is. The highlander is in a different league to the rav4 in every respect.

I really never considered RAV4, but aren’t they based on Corolla?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just curious, Edycol. Does that fridge still work? I’ve read you should never turn a fridge or freezer on its side to move it or you’ll mess up the Freon and it won’t work again. Unfortunately I read that AFTER I ruined a small chest freezer in a move.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just curious, Edycol. Does that fridge still work? I’ve read you should never turn a fridge or freezer on its side to move it or you’ll mess up the Freon and it won’t work again. Unfortunately I read that AFTER I ruined a small chest freezer in a move.
LOL, it does. I put it on the front, not on a side, if that makes any difference. It was very short drive (like 2.5 miles) so maybe that is why nothing happened.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I find him VERY refreshing :)
True. There are some people that lost their way there.
Best was few months ago when TFL reviewed VW Atlas and Audi Q7. Constantly in the video they are saying how cars are built on the same platform, showing engines and looking at them and not questioning why one has transverse engine and another longitudinal. Just shows that they seriously lack any deeper knowledge.

·
2014 Highlander LE
8,029 Posts
True. There are some people that lost their way there.
Best was few months ago when TFL reviewed VW Atlas and Audi Q7. Constantly in the video they are saying how cars are built on the same platform, showing engines and looking at them and not questioning why one has transverse engine and another longitudinal. Just shows that they seriously lack any deeper knowledge.
That probably comes from years of VW and Audi, sometimes Porsche (Even Bugatti, all owned by VW) being often identical under the badge in much of their sedan lines and other.
Audi A4 was from top to bottom the same as the VW Passat in the early 2000. The A8 was Audi flagship, yet VW trumped it with the Phaeton.
VW SUV the Touareg was very much a Porsche Cayenne... So, people get programmed and conditioned from redundancy. Much like what happens on the teli.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That probably comes from years of VW and Audi, sometimes Porsche (Even Bugatti, all owned by VW) being often identical under the badge in much of their sedan lines and other.

Audi A4 was from top to bottom the same as the VW Passat in the early 2000. The A8 was Audi flagship, yet VW trumped it with the Phaeton.

VW SUV the Touareg was very much a Porsche Cayenne... So, people get programmed and conditioned from redundancy. Much like what happens on the teli.

VW decided to further separate VW and Audi with Passat B6. Passat you are referring is B5 (I owned redesigned version B5.5 with 1.8 turbo engine). It was serious problem for Audi in Europe as it seriously cut into sale of Audi A6 and A4. It even had Torsen in 4Motion version.
Passat B6 shares platform with Golf and unlike AudiA4 or A6 has transverse engine. That eliminated Torsen and in AWD version has Haldex.
These guys should know that. In the end it is quite obvious that engine in Atlas is transverse VR6 while in Audi Q7 is longitudinal V6 supercharged, which is impossible to put in MQB platform on which Atlas is built.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts