Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is adam, most ppl call me lucky tho. i live in keene nh. i currently work for a tree company doing hard labor which i have enjoyed doing since i was born. besides that im also a rookie mechanic. i havent had schooling for it or anything ive basically done it all my self through trial and error. i enjoy all my projects as well as my friends and my girlfriend.
the car im on this forum for is an 1993 celica gt 5spd. its actually my girlfriends car but she has a hard time talking about mechanical problems and such so she has me do it for her, basically im the middleman.
as far as future mods go she plans on a turbo and i/c (havent looked into it yet) full suspension (springs, struts, frt and rear sway bar, front top strut mount brace) headers-back exhaust, intake, and rims.
personally i have my own projecst, 1990 nissan 240sx, 1985 kawasaki ninja 600r, 1984 yamaha it490 and helping my girlfriend on her celica.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
welcome to TN:D

sounds like youve got a lot of projects on the go, good luck with them all.

want to share any details about the 240?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have no problems at all sharing details on the 240. at the moment its stock except for eibach pro kit springs, kyb gr2 struts and shocks and an k+n air filter. its strictly my summer car. its been parked cuz i need to do some rust work to it. also i got a leaking injector, a faililng fuel pump as well as other little things. over the winter i plan on replacing the stock fuel injectors with venom injectors, they flow 10% more fuel then stock injectors making the performance just a little better but not making the fuel rich. im putting in a transmisson as well, and while im replacing the tranny im gonna be putting in a act stage 2 clutch and keeping the stock flywheel (im planning on an engine swap eventually) instead of replacing the fuel pump with the 200.00 stock one ill be replacing it with a walboro 255 pump. performs better then stock, lasts longer and is only 100.00. another reasong for the walboro is when i do do an engine swap ill have to upgrade the stock fuel pump anyway so im killing 2 tires with one curb. i have my rear caster plates too rusted to do a rear alignment on them so i plan on getting the whole rear end out of another 240sx and replacig the open diff with an lsd from either another 240 with that option (canadian and japan cars had them, usa didnt) or an infiniti j30. im thinking about taking out my maf and replacin it with either a 300zxtt or an infiniti q45, the diff is the 300 is an 80mm maf and the q45 is a 90mm maf. also since tha q45 maf is now popular the price on the 300zx maf has dropped considerably. i do plan on a silvia s13 front end conversion with the kouki taillights and the type x wing (all from japan) and for a motor swap i was thinking the sr20 but everone does them, so im thinking either the ca18det or a r32/r33. i hvae no info on doin the r32 or r33 motor swap so i plan on looking intho them to see how diffacult they are and so on. for suspension i plan on taking out the gr2's and putting in agx's, frt and rear sway bars will be suspention techniqes and i plan on a front and rear strut tower brace since i dont plan on having any bass in this car at all. im probibly forgeting one or two things but you get tha idea. the only thing i didnt specify is since this car is rusted i plan on doin alot of the simple mods on it cuz i plan on buying another 240sx that has no rust (buy on from south and drive it home) and switching the mods onto the new car. so basically everything i listed ill be doing except for the front end conversion, engine swap, and ill buy the whole rear end and get the lsd i want, but i wont put it in the 240 i own now ill hold on to it until i get the new one.
besides that i also plan on buying a 1g crx and i plan on stuff for that eventually.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
wow, youve got your hands full, its good to have a plan for everthing thing tho, be sure to keep us updated on your progress:thumbup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
You don't happen to be from Keene TX do you?
I'm originally from Keene ND but I did attend school in Keene TX for a semester.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no actually im from alot further north, keene new hampshire. technically i live in alstead but its only 10 minuites from keene so i just type keene.
and to fresco bob. ill def keep updates as to how all my projects are goin on this thread.
my yamaha it490 is getting a engine rebuild. i already have it all apart and know what i need just need the money
my kawasaki ninja needs front feran, all directionals, mirrors, taillens and gastank shock asorbers.

·
Ms. Gayle (aka Jew-Lo)
236 Posts
welcome to TN! and good luck with the celica

if u have any 240 questions my fiance is building his again cuz he just blew the motor (sr20) he has an 89 coupe... but he makes a lot of performace parts for the 240s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts