Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 toyota corolla and i really want to change the lighting in my speedometer from white to blue... What I want to know if there is a place in the bay area who do the soldiering it or someone sold the speedometer assembly with blue lighting? PLEASE HELP WITH THIS

·
Registered
56 Posts
These guys have the custom gauge cover and can supply the LED's.

http://www.caribbeancustomdesigns.c...n_page=product_info&cPath=1_25&products_id=33

It is really not that hard to do, soldering is easy. The hardest part is to recalibrate the speedometer after taking the needles off. It help if you have a long straight road and a GPS with speed display.

I done it with my Celica and plan to do it with the Corolla as well.

The LED's were so bright it created a halo around the centre of the needle and emitted some white light either side of the needle which looked cool when revs going up and speed going up

This was with the needles off.
I had to scrape off the orange paint on the back of the needles and re-paint with red.

I have a guide on how to do it but don't know how to post a link to a word document on here.

·
Administrator
マズダスピード3
16,306 Posts
These guys have the custom gauge cover and can supply the LED's.

http://www.caribbeancustomdesigns.c...n_page=product_info&cPath=1_25&products_id=33

It is really not that hard to do, soldering is easy. The hardest part is to recalibrate the speedometer after taking the needles off. It help if you have a long straight road and a GPS with speed display.

I done it with my Celica and plan to do it with the Corolla as well.

The LED's were so bright it created a halo around the centre of the needle and emitted some white light either side of the needle which looked cool when revs going up and speed going up

This was with the needles off.
I had to scrape off the orange paint on the back of the needles and re-paint with red.

I have a guide on how to do it but don't know how to post a link to a word document on here.
Try copy and paste and use the picture editor to add the photos if they are in the guide. If that doesn't work, send me a pm and I'll try to add your guide to the diy section.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.