Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Tacoma Dlb Cab
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a set of FJ Cruiser rims for my 08 DC for a few months, watching on ebay traffic and CraigsList.

Well, yesterday I struck gold.

I won a set of FJ 6-spoke aluminum rims with tires for $112. Only catch is I have to pick them up. The seller will not ship them. I knew about this before hand as it was in the auction listing that they were available for only local pick up. Only thing is, I'm not really local.......

So........This Saturday I'll be getting on the road at about 6AM to go retreive my bounty. If everything goes as planned with no delays, I should get back home at about 7PM. Yes, that's right. It's a 6 hour drive each way...... :headbang:

Isn't it amazing what we will do for a great deal........

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Congrats!

Nathan
ycart1201

PS: we'll be waiting for pics. ^_^

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
337 Posts
wow $112 for the set :eek:
i would make that drive in a heart beat also did some say ROAD TRIP!!!:naughty:

·
Taco Lover
2007 Tacoma
54 Posts
Congrats - if I could buy a set of FJ rims (and tires) for $112 - I'd make the trip in a heartbeat too... Lucky bastage...

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Admit it, you aren't looking for a deal. You just wanted an excuse to drive your truck.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
might as well make a trip out of it! where are they located? see if there's anything u can do around the area. and bring a friend! good find :naughty:

·
Registered
2008 Tacoma Dlb Cab
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
might as well make a trip out of it! where are they located? see if there's anything u can do around the area. and bring a friend! good find :naughty:
Well, I have to drive from my house, which is about 35 miles NW of Baltimore, to Jefferson Ohio...... That's about 45 minutes North of Youngstown. I will go past Pittsburgh, but hey, who wants to go to Pittsburgh? :lol:

I've also been trying to find someone to go with me...... no luck so far. The response I keep getting is..... "you're going where?...... oh, have a nice time".

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
I've been looking for a set of FJ Cruiser rims for my 08 DC for a few months, watching on ebay traffic and CraigsList.

Well, yesterday I struck gold.

I won a set of FJ 6-spoke aluminum rims with tires for $112. Only catch is I have to pick them up. The seller will not ship them. I knew about this before hand as it was in the auction listing that they were available for only local pick up. Only thing is, I'm not really local.......

So........This Saturday I'll be getting on the road at about 6AM to go retreive my bounty. If everything goes as planned with no delays, I should get back home at about 7PM. Yes, that's right. It's a 6 hour drive each way...... :headbang:

Isn't it amazing what we will do for a great deal........

What was the item number? Think that is far...I drove from So. Cal to Rifle, Colorado to get a pair of Kawasaki Jet Ski's and a trailer for $3500 under blue book and we did a 3 day meet family in Colorado (have lots of fam.) stop in Vegas and got our goods. LoL! :clap:

·
Registered
2008 Tacoma Dlb Cab
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
An update on the final cost on the deal:

Bought 4 FJ Cruiser rims & tires - $112.50

Here's the ebay link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ries&_fvi=1&item=180336512198&_rdc=1&viewitem=

Bought 4 new center caps on ebay- $60.00

2 tanks of gas for the road trip - $60.00

Food and tolls - $15.00

Dismounting factory tires to sell OEM rims - $32.00

All in cost $279.00

Sold my OEM Sport alloy rims(tires, lug nuts, and pressure sensors not included) on ebay for $495.00 (including shipping fee).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...ries&_fvi=1&item=180336512198&_rdc=1&viewitem=

Actual UPS shipping cost - $73.00 (auction shipping fee stated $100.00)

Final net in my pocket when it's all done - $143.00 :clap:

How many other knuckleheads do you know that can put "aftermarket" tires and rims on their truck (or car) and walk away from the deal on the plus side. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. :D

I will admit, I was extremley lucky with the deal I got on the FJ rims and tires...... But I like to think that I'm a smart ebay shopper. :naughty:

·
Registered
2008 Tacoma Dlb Cab
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a picture of my baby with her new shoes on and all cleaned up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts