Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The e153 is still on its way, but the tranny fairies (the same ones with the brown shorts that visit Ratko) came by today and brought me some goodies:

The shifter assembly and clutch pedal are from a gen 4, the master cylinder is new OEM. I ordered shift cables and a brake pedal too but the salvage yard somehow forgot to include them in the shipment, so they'll be a couple more days getting here.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Really? The tranny fairy visited me too. She gave me a bill for $2000.00 and said come back in a week.:lol:

Nice man. Can't wait to hear the details when it's done. So do you know what the conversion is going to cost you?

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Costs so far:

OEM Master Cylinder: $15.00 shipped, eBay
Bryco Clutch Kit: $80.87 shipped, eBay
Shifter, cables, pedals from 2000 Camry: $200 shipped, LKQ Phoenix
e153 Transmission from '99 Solara: $567 shipped, lone kiwi parts
Speed-Source shifter bushings: $28.00 shipped, Speed-Source
OEM shift knob from MR2 Spyder: $29.99 shipped, eBay
Console and handbrake: $70 shipped, TN

Total so far: $990.86

Out of what's listed above, the MC, shifter, and clutch pedal have arrived. The rest is in the mail or awaiting shipment, but paid for.

What I still need:
flywheel (Fidanza)
flywheel/clutch bolts
slave cyl (if it's not on the trans)
clutch fork (likewise)
misc fasteners
shift solenoid resistors
interior shifter trim/boot
transmission mount
hard clutch line
fluid

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Not a bad price. Putting it in yourself? Seems like a shop would reem you for that work.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I will be doing the swap myself. However, I will be renting a lift for the actual swap, so hopefully it doesn't take more than a few hours to get the transmission itself changed. The clutch lines and electrical don't need to be done on the lift, so I'm not worried about how long the other little details take to finish.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think this really deserves a new thread, so I'll tack it on to this one...

I trimmed the shifter assembly to fit:

My clutch kit arrived:

It is was branded Bryco on the box but the throw-out bearing and clutch cover are new OEM... I can't tell if the clutch disc is, but it'll certainly do for $80 shipped.

My Speed-Source bushings also arrived:

I also bought an OEM black leather shift knob from a MR2 Spyder:

I'm still waiting on the shifter cables and brake pedal, they said they'd ship last Wed. but I called them today (LKQ Phoenix) and they were like "sorry it hasn't gone out yet we'll do that right now." :disappoin

I ordered a Fidanza flywheel from Sean at CTMotorsport, and I swear I got the tracking number before I could blink! Mad props Sean!! :thumbup:

I'm also still waiting for my console and ebrake from Brandon, but I expect it'll be here any hour/day now.

·
it was all a dream
4,213 Posts
Nice!!

One thing I would do ASAP is test to make sure those are the right Speed Source bushings for your tranny. I have a 99 aswell, and some people said I'd need the BIG bushing kit, however my original bushing kit worked fine. Not trying to scare you, but I would check that out as soon as you can so that it doesnt hold things up down the line.

·
限界域への独&#
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figure since the cables are from a '99 they should be the right ones, I guess I'll find out for sure if the damn cables ever get here!

·
it was all a dream
4,213 Posts
Oops, youre absolutely right. The bushings should match the year of the shifter cables, not the tranny. In that case, it makes sense why my old ones fit, and why your BIG kit will more than likely fit also. :thumbup:

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
yeah dude... i was waiting for those gen 4 bushings to come out... :) i just got brand new cables though, so i dont really need them right now... soon though, for sure. after turbo.

where did you get that shifter base exactly? and do you think they have more? im looking for one right now. i am still using the 1990 celica one. it works sorta, but the center of the shifting is in the bottom left side, so it is angled wierd for the camry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts