Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1118 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can use a wheel offset greater than 35mm. Original wheels (18 in) are 18 X 7.5 5X114.3 bolt pat I went with the Velocity VW825 wheel for my Camry. 18X7.5, 38mm offset. Fit with no probs or mods. Pics in my garage.
Do you have any pics where we can see how much they stick in or out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts

Gbus, they don't stick out at all. I will work on uploading some pictures tonight. I am new to the site so don't know all the navigation, but I believe there is a link to my garage. There are some pictures there, as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Gbus, they don't stick out at all. I will work on uploading some pictures tonight. I am new to the site so don't know all the navigation, but I believe there is a link to my garage. There are some pictures there, as well.
Thanks, I saw the pictures on your garage they only show the side. I just want to make sure what offset can fit on the car without rubbing as I am currently looking for some rims.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hopefully some knowledgable wheel experts out there can answer this for me.

Im looking at throwin on MRR's HR3 wheel and lowering on coilovers, should i be concerned with any of these wheel specs? also what size tires would be optimal taking into consideration im going pretty low with the coils?

Specs:

20 x 8.5 offset 35mm fronts (225/35/r20??)

20 x 9.5 offset 40mm rears (265/35/r20??)

Would I need any sort of spacers with this setup? Thanks in advance guys!

(PS. I tried searching thru the Gen6 wheel thread but that thing is 178 pages long!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hopefully some knowledgable wheel experts out there can answer this for me.

Im looking at throwin on MRR's HR3 wheel and lowering on coilovers, should i be concerned with any of these wheel specs? also what size tires would be optimal taking into consideration im going pretty low with the coils?

Specs:

20 x 8.5 offset 35mm fronts (225/35/r20??)

20 x 9.5 offset 40mm rears (265/35/r20??)

Would I need any sort of spacers with this setup? Thanks in advance guys!

(PS. I tried searching thru the Gen6 wheel thread but that thing is 178 pages long!)
Offset 40mm is flush with the fenders, so that should be okay. As for the 35mm I believe they'll fit fine as well as 35mm is 5mm inwards. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but from I gathered that's how it is on the Camry.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Offset 40mm is flush with the fenders, so that should be okay. As for the 35mm I believe they'll fit fine as well as 35mm is 5mm inwards. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but from I gathered that's how it is on the Camry.
Im no expert here by no means but i think its the opposite. 40mm actually dictates how much further in wheel will be towards the strut, while a lower offset will push the tires more flush with the fenders.

Thanks for the quick reply Gbus.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im no expert here by no means but i think its the opposite. 40mm actually dictates how much further in wheel will be towards the strut, while a lower offset will push the tires more flush with the fenders.

Thanks for the quick reply Gbus.
Not necessarily... Because there's positive and negative offset.

Here's a link that explains how offset works... But basically, if it's positive, the more offset, the more space you have from the middle of the wheel.

http://www.worldoneperformance.com/blog/2009/07/22/how-do-wheel-offsets-work/

Here are two pictures of the wheels I just bought, I actually test fitted them to see how they would fit as well... Offset is 40.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Not necessarily... Because there's positive and negative offset.

Here's a link that explains how offset works... But basically, if it's positive, the more offset, the more space you have from the middle of the wheel.

http://www.worldoneperformance.com/blog/2009/07/22/how-do-wheel-offsets-work/

Here are two pictures of the wheels I just bought, I actually test fitted them to see how they would fit as well... Offset is 40.
Very nice!! Whats the dimensions of those wheels?

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys, here's a side pic of the wheel.

The tire on the wheel pictured isn't the right size for our cars, it was only to test fit for the offset. Our cars tires are thicker. The size of the tire on the picture is 225/40/18 and our cars require 225/45/18.

The wheels are 18x8.5 Offset is 40. Square set-up.

I just bought the wheels, no tires as of yet since I'm still waiting to buy a set of coilovers for the car. As you can see, the wheel gap is horribly huge so I wont be putting them on until I lower it.

·
It's Official
16 Tundra, 14 RAV4,
9,213 Posts
^Nice! So those rims fit w/ no rubbing or anything, right?

·
Check Your Six.
262 Posts
Since BC coilovers are almost available for us, I am getting ready to buy new wheels. I have the Metallic Grey color and I've always wanted to get something of the same color lines. I fell in love with the VMR V710 Storm Grey custom powder coat:

Here is the look I am trying to go for:

Here's a closer look. It does look good (at least for me) in Metallic Grey/Space Grey colored cars. Storm Grey fits in between Gunmetal and black.

Any thoughts? They should look good with the car lowered with coilovers.

41 - 60 of 1118 Posts