Toyota Nation Forum banner

1061 - 1080 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
What offset are you looking for? I looked at the link and that rim is listed as 3 different bolt patterns. If your set on that wheel you need to ask more information on it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi all, this is my very first post on this forum. I love this forum and I really want to start working on my 2017 Camry SE. Would getting 18" Revolution Racing R01 Wheels with 225/45/18 fit right?

https://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/WheelDetails.cfm?VehicleMake=Toyota&VehicleYear=2017&VehicleModel=Camry&VehicleOption=All+Models&isG_Ad=1&IDNumber=revolutionracingR12&SKU=11787&CheckFit=1

I am worried about the rear looking pushed in and whether or not I would need any spacers or adapters. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Your link doesn’t show the offset of the wheels. General search online pointed to a +40 offset, which in my opinion isn’t aggressive by any means, it’s slightly going to get pushed out to the fender and inside towards the suspension slightly. Also don’t know what current wheels you currently have, as there’s 3 different wheel options.

A good site to use and compare measurements to your oem wheels is:

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Or

Willtheyfit.com

Personally before my current setup, I cleared 18x9 +38 on 235/40/18 tires all around with no issues. Dropped about 3” inches all around from the factory height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for your help! I looked for more information.
https://firstchoicewheelsandtires.com/product/wheel/20026/Revolution Racing/R01
According to this, RR R01 wheels are 18x8 +40 with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 on a 235/45/18 tire. I am currently still rocking the OEM 17" rims, but plan to get Eibach Pro-Kit Springs along with the wheels.
https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=55&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=45&width2=235&aspect2=45&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=40
On willtheyfit, it is exactly what Jetbluu said, 17.7mm more toward fender, and 7.7mm toward the strut. I understand the body of the 2017s make it look like the back wheels are pushed in compared to the front, should I leave the idea of spacers/adapters to make the wheels flush with body alone, and save myself a headache?
Thank you so much in advanced btw! Happy holidays!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for your help! I looked for more information.

https://firstchoicewheelsandtires.com/product/wheel/20026/Revolution Racing/R01

According to this, RR R01 wheels are 18x8 +40 with a bolt pattern of 5x114.3 on a 235/45/18 tire. I am currently still rocking the OEM 17" rims, but plan to get Eibach Pro-Kit Springs along with the wheels.

https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=215&aspect=55&diameter=17&wheelwidth=7&offset=45&width2=235&aspect2=45&wheel_size=18&wheel_width=8&offset2=40

should I leave the idea of spacers/adapters to make the wheels flush with body alone, and save myself a headache?

Thank you so much in advanced btw! Happy holidays!

Now that you know the exact difference, I would get the wheels on (if those are the ones you’re decided with) and take measurements to see exactly what you’ll need to do to make the wheels flush.

Nothing wrong with running adaptors to make the wheels flush with the fender. I’m personally running 15mm adaptors all around to make my wheels flush (19x8.5 +42 on 245/40 tires).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Your link doesn’t show the offset of the wheels. General search online pointed to a +40 offset, which in my opinion isn’t aggressive by any means, it’s slightly going to get pushed out to the fender and inside towards the suspension slightly. Also don’t know what current wheels you currently have, as there’s 3 different wheel options.

A good site to use and compare measurements to your oem wheels is:

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Or

Willtheyfit.com

Personally before my current setup, I cleared 18x9 +38 on 235/40/18 tires all around with no issues. Dropped about 3” inches all around from the factory height.

are you sure about that, i lowered car 3" even my low profile jack doesnt fit under front end of car now. my 8.5" wheels got sidewalls cut with passengers in back. same specs as you but even more narrow . i have 5 full suspension cars. do this alot. 18x9 or 18x8.5 you posted both sizes?

look at my 95 civic coupe, 1/2" or cm off ground and no fender problems

look at size difference like a go kart compared to the camry. but thats the old wheels 18x8.5 225/40/r18's , thats lowererd 2.5" there i didnt like the rake look in back and went to 3"that rubbed selling those for 600$ with hankook ventus tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
are you sure about that, i lowered car 3" makes car about 2.5" off ground, even my low profile jack doesnt fit under front end of car now. my 8.5" wheels got sidewalls cut with passengers in back. same specs as you but even more narrow . i have 5 full suspension cars. do this alot.

look at my 95 civic coupe, 1/2" or cm off ground and no fender problems

From my experience, yes, had to do a light roll out back, didn’t need to alter the front fenders at all. Although like you I’ve modified my fenders to fit my new wheels better, I personally rolled and pulled my fenders to fit my wheels. My car is lowered on full coilovers (Tein street advance Z) and currently I’m 3” lower from where it was from the factory SE setup. Like yourself, my lowered jack does not fit up front as well.

All my past vehicles also had full suspension setups, from a 00’ Civic Si with full poly bushing upgrades coilovers and whatnot to a built s2000. All those I modified the fenders to fit my wheels as well.

My other car other than my Camry currently is a fully built and boosted c6 corvette, which is also on full coilovers. Although I prefer functional ride heights over a slammed car nowadays and don’t like to tuck tire as I prefer a flush look. I get around fine with either car at their current heights.

Daily driver (with current wheels and ride height)

Lowered all the way up front, rear could be lowered more but I didn’t like how it would’ve looked so I kept it there. This is on the 18x9 +38 setup on a 235/40 tire:

Weekend car

·
Registered
98 Posts
From my experience, yes. Although like you I’ve modified my fenders to fit my wheels better, I personally rolled and pulled my fenders to fit my wheels. My car is lowered on full coilovers and currently I’m 3” lower from where it was from the factory SE setup. Like yourself, my lowered jack does not fit up front as well.

All my past vehicles also had full suspension setups, from a 00’ Civic Si with full poly bushing upgrades coilovers and whatnot to a built s2000. All those I modified the fenders to fit my wheels as well.

My other car other than my Camry currently is a fully built and boosted c6 corvette, which is also on full coilovers. Although I prefer functional ride heights over a slammed car nowadays. I get around fine with either car at their current heights.

Daily driver

Weekend car

i didnt roll fenders, i do that to some of the hondas and mazdas i build. i thought you were telling the guy no problem on fitment. at speedshop rolling fenders is a problem.

i have a 00 civic si sitting in the back waiting for next summer after the CRX build, fun car.

the 1995 coupe is almost done, i have mitsumoto radiator here and wilwood brakes, but im not working in the winter.

the B18C1 with 6 speed transmission fully built, took me last summer to do that and 10k.

my camry is just a daily driver even though its tricked out suspension and engine... im doing 5th set of headlights for it and a bunch of little things this week.. mud flaps, live nose and read cameras for the 2018 lexus consol i put in recently 8" touchscreen. its a fun car to drive. annoying with it lowered like that on bumps but 0-60 in 2-3 seconds is nice. can go past 140 mark on speedometer. pins like around 150 ish

yours is looking good, did you do engine bay yet? im thinking of taking out cusom intake and getting the weapon r one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i didnt roll fenders, i do that to some of the hondas and mazdas i build. i thought you were telling the guy no problem on fitment. at speedshop rolling fenders is a problem.

i have a 00 civic si sitting in the back waiting for next summer after the CRX build, fun car.

the 1995 coupe is almost done, i have mitsumoto radiator here and wilwood brakes, but im not working in the winter.

the B18C1 with 6 speed transmission fully built, took me last summer to do that and 10k.

my camry is just a daily driver even though its tricked out suspension and engine... im doing 5th set of headlights for it and a bunch of little things this week.. mud flaps, live nose and read cameras for the 2018 lexus consol i put in recently 8" touchscreen. its a fun car to drive. annoying with it lowered like that on bumps but 0-60 in 2-3 seconds is nice. can go past 140 mark on speedometer. pins like around 150 ish

yours is looking good, did you do engine bay yet? im thinking of taking out cusom intake and getting the weapon r one.

Awesome cars man, Honda’s are definitely fun cars to mod, especially since it’s cheap compared to my corvette. I own an Eastwood fender roller, so getting my wheels to fit the way I want them to is no problem for me.

No engine mods planned for my Camry, I just want to add a newer navigation unit and be done with it. Since it’s my daily, didn’t really want to do anything power wise, that’s what the corvette is for. I just wanted to make it look better than factory haha.

My Corvette makes plenty of power and is street legal here in California. Making 710 whp and 604 wtq. on 91 pump gas. It’s capable of much more, but I want the built engine to last long, so I kept it conservative. This car is where I spend most of my mod money hahah.

Peek of the corvettes engine bay:

Here’s my old civic si:

My old s2000:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Awesome cars man, Honda’s are definitely fun cars to mod, especially since it’s cheap compared to my corvette. I own an Eastwood fender roller, so getting my wheels to fit the way I want them to is no problem for me.

No engine mods planned for my Camry, I just want to add a newer navigation unit and be done with it. Since it’s my daily, didn’t really want to do anything power wise, that’s what the corvette is for. I just wanted to make it look better than factory haha.

My Corvette makes plenty of power and is street legal here in California. Making 710 whp and 604 wtq. on 91 pump gas. It’s capable of much more, but I want the built engine to last long, so I kept it conservative. This car is where I spend most of my mod money hahah.

Peek of the corvettes engine bay:

Here’s my old civic si:

My old s2000:

i dont usually spend 10k just on a engine, that car is for fun to build, the HP to weigh ratio is very close to a corvette but i either have to make it for car show or change things to rally cross, its beyond street legal.

even the camry i have is not street legal. i cant get it inspected til i find right person. the exhaust makes it a pain in tha ass to get inspection sticker.

i really like that blue si you had. should have kept it, those are getting harder to find and are better than the stock market for investments.

my money pit car is 2017 jeep, its like a corvette in price and mods. i got it for my wife and she loves it. i drive it when i get chances so . maybe i got it for me lol. and she drives it sometimes....

your s2000 looks like no one is in it ghost stly lol. really cool . i have a h23 engine from prelude for that crx. almost same as the s2000 engines. just dont want to do anything all winter but sit in garage and play guitar all the time. i been retired 11 years and get bored from shit now.

h23 is for this car. its has already been weigh reduced and those wheels are just rollers from cars i bought, i really hate them. looking for 80's wheels 15" for this with the skunk2 pro coilovers it has.

·
Registered
12 Posts
18X8 Wheels on 14' Camry XLE

Hi Folks,

I have spare 18x8 wheels with +45 offset and 225/45/18 tires. Will they fit my 2014 Camry XLE? I see that the 2014 Camry SE's had 18x7.5 and +45 offset with similar size tires, so I'm thinking this would be close.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2 Posts
235/35/19 wrapped with 19x9.5

Hi all,

I have a 2012 Camry SE that is lowered on H&R springs, but I do plan on getting BC coils. I'm planning on moving from 18s to 19s. I've been following this thread and have come across tons of information and pics of what I'm trying to go for. With the 18s that are on it now, the back is almost flush with the fender, but the front still has about 1 finger and half of room from the tire to the fender. Currently the tires are 245/45/18 and wheels 18x8. I don't like how it looks. To me there seems to be "too much" rubber. I do like a bit of a stretch, but nothing aggressive as this is a daily driver.

I'm no expert by any means, but I think I have a fair understanding of the dimensions I'm aiming for. So far these are the new tire/wheel dimensions I've been considering.

* Preferred option: 235/35/19 on 19x9.5 et35 (all around, not staggered)
* 2nd option: 235/35/19 on 19.8.5 et35 (all around, not staggered)

The tires will be Nitto Motivo. The wheels will either be KMC KM685 District or Stance SC6. Those style wheels are what I'm looking to have on. I have mainly had Yokohama tires, but the Nitto Motivos are said to be really quiet and provide comfort. The sidewall has been reported to be soft, but I don't know if that should matter much.

Considering the Camry is dropped on H&R springs, can someone please advise if 19x9.5 all around will work? For reference this is as flush as what I am going for: http://autotk.com/photos/project/4881/21112/origin.jpg

Thanks so much in advance.

·
Banned
716 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2012 Camry SE that is lowered on H&R springs, but I do plan on getting BC coils. I'm planning on moving from 18s to 19s. I've been following this thread and have come across tons of information and pics of what I'm trying to go for. With the 18s that are on it now, the back is almost flush with the fender, but the front still has about 1 finger and half of room from the tire to the fender. Currently the tires are 245/45/18 and wheels 18x8. I don't like how it looks. To me there seems to be "too much" rubber. I do like a bit of a stretch, but nothing aggressive as this is a daily driver.

I'm no expert by any means, but I think I have a fair understanding of the dimensions I'm aiming for. So far these are the new tire/wheel dimensions I've been considering.

* Preferred option: 235/35/19 on 19x9.5 et35 (all around, not staggered)
* 2nd option: 235/35/19 on 19.8.5 et35 (all around, not staggered)

The tires will be Nitto Motivo. The wheels will either be KMC KM685 District or Stance SC6. Those style wheels are what I'm looking to have on. I have mainly had Yokohama tires, but the Nitto Motivos are said to be really quiet and provide comfort. The sidewall has been reported to be soft, but I don't know if that should matter much.

Considering the Camry is dropped on H&R springs, can someone please advise if 19x9.5 all around will work? For reference this is as flush as what I am going for: http://autotk.com/photos/project/4881/21112/origin.jpg

Thanks so much in advance.
any issues with the springs? are u experiencing clunking noises turning when going forward or backward..or when going over bumps..potholes and so forth?

·
Registered
121 Posts
quick question I am bout to buy some wheels and need some opinions on rim size.dont plan on lowering the car but it is a daily driver so I know I want at least 18 inch maybe 20 inch but don't know whats a good offset where I wont have to use spacers. and a good site to go too. not looking to spend a lot either.

·
Registered
98 Posts
quick question I am bout to buy some wheels and need some opinions on rim size.dont plan on lowering the car but it is a daily driver so I know I want at least 18 inch maybe 20 inch but don't know whats a good offset where I wont have to use spacers. and a good site to go too. not looking to spend a lot either.

my camry came with 18" BBS wheels from factory and there was still 3" gap above them. i had to lower car 3" to close the gap with 18" wheels, makes it a pain in the ass to drive cause you can hit car on everything, rip front bumper off parking etc. my coilover will go all the way to pancake3" lowering leaves about 2.5 to 3" clearance from car frame on the bottom.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need help with wheel size/offest

I have an 2016 camry se. I just recently purchased eibach lowering springs(about 1.5 inch drop) I am wanting to put some 19 x 8.5 wheel on there. I would like them to be tucked right on the inside fender. What would be the best offset and tire size to go without any rubbing or any other possible damage?????Also what would be the best tire size for that? Thank you....

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I actually found a set of wheels I like with all the same measurements as stock, but lower offset by -1mm. Will that make any wear difference over the long haul? Like 7-10 years worth?

1061 - 1080 of 1109 Posts