Toyota Nation Forum banner

1081 - 1100 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got mine up. I'm running 18x9.5 +30/+22 and about to order 19x9.5 +22f/+15r I'm Aodhan wheels. Here's a few images. My Silver 2012 XV50SEv6 https://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1651258

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
+30 offset?

New wheels are on.

ESR SR08

19X8.5 +30 225/40
19x9.5 +35 255/35

Ill do a proper shoot after i lower it another inch

Sorry for quoting an ancient post, I hope your still around and still have that beautiful Cam.

I'm finally getting around to wheels on my 2012 and I'll be 18x8.5 +30 all around and will be transfering over my stock spec contis 225.45.18. I'm also planning on a modest drop on an ebach pro-kit. Did you ever have any issues with this offset, specifically up front?

*touching front fenders on dips in the road?
*Steering tracking differently because of offset?
*Odd tourque steer on hard breaking?

*bearing wear?

Thank you
D

·
Registered
5 Posts
What size tire are your planning on running? Im running 19x9.5 +35 w a 245/35 tire, lowered on BC Coilovers had to tug and cut fenders becuase I rubbed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Hey Juan,

I'm planning to run 225-40R19 for a nice stretch and too keep it within 7% of the OEM radius and performance. I was considering running 19x10.5 +22 all around but I don't feel like shaving my rear bumper corner support and then zip tying it. So I'm just gonna get 19x9.5 +15 rear and +22 front. Not sure which ones. Either ESR SR04/SR08 or Varrstoen MK2 or Aodhan DS06...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have issue with my steering. It keeps catching on my sway end links but then again I'm slammed and going lower. Most likely gonna order some adjustable endlinks. I rub on my 235/45/18s just a bit at 2.75 in drop from stock. with 225 and a 30 offset you shouldn't rub at all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Would 17x7 114.3 35 offset wheels cause any issues in the long haul to the parts and suspension? It's basically the same measurements as stock but -5mm offset less

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
Sorry for quoting an ancient post, I hope your still around and still have that beautiful Cam.

It was rear ended with structural damage

I'm finally getting around to wheels on my 2012 and I'll be 18x8.5 +30 all around and will be transfering over my stock spec contis 225.45.18. I'm also planning on a modest drop on an ebach pro-kit. Did you ever have any issues with this offset, specifically up front?

No issues, but I rolled my fenders. Check www.willtheyfit.com

*touching front fenders on dips in the road? no
*Steering tracking differently because of offset? no
*Odd tourque steer on hard breaking? no

*bearing wear? why would there be bearing wear? because of offset? One has nothing to do with the other.

Thank you
D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks so much for the response Eso. Sorry to hear about the Cam, texting teen no doubt, hate that. Sounds like you got a beast to replace it though.

Offset + Bearing - everything I've read says a change beyond 5-7mm or 3% from stock will throw off the Scrub radius "possibly" affecting Braking negatively, reducing handling ability, potentially creating torque steer where there was none, Disrupting overall suspension geometry, stressing the tire more, blah blah blah. I supposed I assumed if all that was going on that the bearings would be stressed as well, or maybe I read it somewhere.

Ultimately, while the car is older now, it's paid off and I only have 67k miles on it so, I'm probably going to be in it until 120k at least. I thought I'd fix it up a little to stave off any new car pangs It's still my family car and I've never changed the offset this much on a car before so I'm trying to make sure the car doesn't become unpredictable when I do this.

Thanks again sir.

·
Honda-Tech White Ops
1,581 Posts
The scrub rate does change as I added 1" width to the outside of the wheel. The inside is same spot as OEM.

I did have to change the passenger side bearing and from what i read, its caused by vibrations and rough roads.

I did come back from a road trip to michigan and road conditions were horrid. 3" expansion gaps, potholes, you name it, i drove over it.. mostly at 85mph

So when the bearing was making a grinding noise shortly after, i wasnt surprised.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The scrub rate does change as I added 1" width to the outside of the wheel. The inside is same spot as OEM.

I did have to change the passenger side bearing and from what i read, its caused by vibrations and rough roads.

I did come back from a road trip to michigan and road conditions were horrid. 3" expansion gaps, potholes, you name it, i drove over it.. mostly at 85mph

So when the bearing was making a grinding noise shortly after, i wasnt surprised.
Thanks again. Just curious, how many miles did you have on the cam at the time the bearing went and how many of those miles did you have the +30ET wheels on it?

·
2009 Camry SE I4 MGM
1,443 Posts
Hi, new member her, hope I'm at the right place. Have a question about a rims. Does anyone know what Toyota these came from?
Those are off a RAV4

Sent from my A622GL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, I'm looking to swap my 17" 2015 SE wheels for other Toyota OEM wheels with all the same measurements minus 5 mm offset. Will that cause any issues long-term?

I know 2012-2014.5 has 45 mm offset, while 2015-2017 has 40mm offset from the factory.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you for the link, that's very informative.

I think I've decided to just upsize using the same specs as the OEM 18" Camry XSE wheel from 2015. I've found these Avalon wheels share the same measurements and will probably decide on these.

Anyone think the stock suspension and brakes will suffice and last if I use 18"? I assumed XSE had the same underpinnings and tuning as the SE except the smaller wheels.

Attachments

·
Auto Enthusiast
2 Posts
I am running 19" x 8" Moda Radius R6 wheels, +45 offset, with 235/40/19 tires. Have not noticed any change in braking or suspension whatsoever. I wouldnt doubt long term I may go through brake pads a little quicker as these wheels are heavier than stock, but I am not sure it will even be noticeable. I went with 18s originally and immediately wanted to go a size bigger. If you are thinking 19s now, just shoot for it.

Also, for anyone wanting to run anything wider than an 8" wheel, make sure the offset is no higher than +45. Mine clears the brakes/struts/etc but I am still considering spacers.

Attachments

1081 - 1100 of 1109 Posts