Toyota Nation Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jersey i have h&r springs on my. 2012 camry se would your exact avante wheels fit my car with stock suspension? Need your expertise

·
Registered
543 Posts
Whos gonna be the guinea pig and find out whats the widest wheel us stock suspension guys can fit?
everyone so far with nice offsets are the guys on coils....
No one has to be a test subject to figure out how wide you can go on stock strut with drop springs, you just have to do some measuring and some math. Lets take a stock 4 cylinder SE trim and go from there. I will deal in inches and millimeters here because that is how wheels and offset is measured and it makes it easier.

The stock SE wheels measure 7" wide and have an offset of +45. Keep in mind that some of the following numbers are theoretical but directly relate to real world. Lets take the back wheels for instance. There is about a 35 mm gap between the fender and the wheel. And lets say there is a 25 mm gap between the inside of the wheel and the spring. You want to keep the tire about 8 mm away from the spring just to be on the safe side. So with that you have about 17 mm of space between the spring and the wheel, 25 mm - 8 mm = 17 mm.

Now you take your measurements and convert, there is 25 mm in an inch, 35 mm + 17 mm is 52 mm so you can fit about 2 more inches of wheel in there without hitting the spring or the fender. But you cant just buy a 9" wheel with +45 offset and call it a day. Remember, by your measurements you have less space in the rear and more in the front so you have to center the wheel in the space by adjusting the offset.

So to figure out the best offset for a flush look you will have to look at your measurements. You figured out a 9" wheel would be the largest so that adds 1", 25 mm, of wheel to both sides over stock. Remember that you only can go about 17 mm toward the spring to be safe and you have about 35 mm of space between the fender and the wheel. You just added 25 mm to both sides of the wheel. So you need to subtract 10 mm of wheel from strut side and add 10 mm of wheel to the fender side to make it sit right. That will tell you that the wheel needs to move toward the fender 10 mm so you take your stock +45 mm and minus 10 mm and it gives you +35 mm.

So by this example the best setup for SE 4 cylinder on stock struts and drop springs would be a 9" +35 offset wheel in the rear. Remember, when you have a higher number offset you are pushing the wheel inward toward the spring. When you have a lower number offset you are pushing the wheel outward toward the fender.

A note: The numbers that I mentioned above for the space between the wheel and spring and the space between the fender and the wheel are theoretical. All you have to do is measure the space and replace with the actual numbers and you can proceed with the calculations.

·
Registered
543 Posts
guys, i don't know jack about wheels. i drive a toyota sienna and wanted to get 20s on there. looking for concave wheels like Vossen CV3 but not as expensive. i found these STR 607s.
http://www.str-racing.com/products-page/str-racing-wheels/str-607-silver/
question is should i go 20x9 or 20x10.5? i want square setup but don't know what offset to get either.
Check out the link below. Its in the Sienna forum, you should really ask them. The Sienna can fit some serious wheels with some serious offset. Kinda jelly...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/275-3rd-generation-2011/403923-official-3rd-generation-sienna-picture-thread-4.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks! Though I am only looking at tirerack because they seem to be the only place that lists the weight of the wheels. I'm looking for both looks and function.

My basic criteria is:
-must be lighter than stock 17" wheels (~23 lbs or less)
-must be reasonably priced (less than $250 a piece)
-preferably in gunmetal or hyper silver / hyper black
-18" (because anything bigger violates either the price or weight criteria above)

If anyone has suggestions, let me know and I'll do a photochop.
i have msr type 45 18x8 save around 40 lbs all together with these rims over stock here is a pic of my car ! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=705489459479415&set=pb.100000551032908.-2207520000.1384731136.&type=3&theater

·
Registered
9 Posts
Coilovers & Wheels

Vossen CVT and BC Racing coilovers

Not sure of the drop. We were going for an "Extreme Agressive" look.

The wheels need to be replaced due to the offset being too agressive in the front. Again, not sure of the offset. Think it was 38 or something like that.

The wheels are staggered. 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear.

If I get more info, I'll let ya'll know.

Enjoy!!

·
Just getting started...
1,473 Posts
Vossen CVT and BC Racing coilovers

Not sure of the drop. We were going for an "Extreme Agressive" look.

The wheels need to be replaced due to the offset being too agressive in the front. Again, not sure of the offset. Think it was 38 or something like that.

The wheels are staggered. 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rear.

If I get more info, I'll let ya'll know.

Enjoy!!

Love the fitment and look of you car. Vossen wheels look soooo good! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will it fit?

Been up and down this forum, but nothing to put me on ease if whether my intended wheel package will work. I'm looking for experienced Camry owners to reply. I currently sold my G37 and decided to stay with a one car household for a while as my wife commutes to work on bus. So began to mod our 2012 Camry SE. I dropped it on H&R springs and plan to put 20"X 8.5 +34 wheels. I know these will probably fit fine however, my real question is how thick of a tire can I actually run without rubbing? This is the family vehicle and will have two daughters in the back along with groceries and such. Will a 45 series tire rub? I want as much meat on there as possible. Thanks in advance...any insight is appreciated.

·
CamryNation
61 Posts
Hi,

Does anyone know if 20x10.5 +40 would fit on our 7th generation Camry SE on the rears? I just wanted to know if the wheel/rim itself would touch the strut. I"m not worried about the fender, since I have it aggressively pulled and rolled.

Thank you in advance....

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yeah thats to wide for stock struts. You would have to run coilovers and some mean camber. I mean over an I4 camry se wheel your adding 43mm to both side of the wheel. That is not even going to fit on the fender side. Widest you could go without coilover and fender work would be a 8.5 maybe 9 depending on the offset.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey,

I am about to order some rims but I would like to know if anyone could let me know if they would fit on a 2014 Camry SE.

Rims: 22/8.5
Tires: 22/235/30
Offset: +35

I know that the 22" will fit I'm just worried about the offset, I would like to be flush, and I have stock suspension.

Thank for any help, and suggestions.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

121 - 140 of 1109 Posts