Toyota Nation Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1109 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
As far as the wheel width and tire combo your good. You will end up going 14mm toward the strut and 19mm toward the fender. I would add a 5mm spacer in the rear for a more flush look. If you want a super flush look go with a +30 with a 5 mm spacer in the rear. I'm not sure how flush you should go with that size of wheel. There leaves very little travel between the tire and fender. I highly doubt you will run into any wheel rub with those combinations but if you do a simple roll should be good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As far as the wheel width and tire combo your good. You will end up going 14mm toward the strut and 19mm toward the fender. I would add a 5mm spacer in the rear for a more flush look. If you want a super flush look go with a +30 with a 5 mm spacer in the rear. I'm not sure how flush you should go with that size of wheel. There leaves very little travel between the tire and fender. I highly doubt you will run into any wheel rub with those combinations but if you do a simple roll should be good.
Thanks for the info, it's greatly appreciated. I think that I'm just going to stick to the +35 with the spacer, just to be on the safe side. I don't want to get the +30 and they are rubbing and I'm not looking to roll the fenders. But again thanks, I needed that reassurance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anyone here slammed on 18s? Just curious how it looks. Just bought a 2014 Camry and im still up in the air of what size rims to get. Thanks in advance.
could dudes in here rocking 18s just look at the older pages. i myself am planning on putting 18s on mine but might consider 19

·
Registered
543 Posts
For 18s, look at some of the guys with dropped V6 camrys and still have stock wheels. Thats pretty much what it look like. The camry has some large fenders, not like an older civic or integra where you would put a 17 and it would be the limit or 15" Work Equip 03 looks bad ass (ohh yeah bringing it back). To me 18s look on the smaller side. To me 18s on this car would make me think why did you skimp out and get wheels to small? To me 19s are the way to go. 20s are a tiny bit on the big side but still good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Quick question I have a 12 le and wanted to know if I bought the 17inch stock 2012 se rims will that throw off my smooth ride or cause further complications later on down the line. Or should I just buy some nice 16 inch stock size after market alloys.

Thanks

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a 12 XLE with the 17 inch rims and I like the ride. I even have the pressure at 40 psi. That's my 2 cents.
My whole thing is since my car didn't come stock with those 17inch tires and wheels would it effect my driving experience especially since we go through the whole season changes. And yours is different since your xle comes with the stock factory 17 inch wheels just like the se comes with the stock factory 17inch wheels

I wanted to upgrade to the xle wheels or se rims and I didn't wanna have to give up anything that takes away my smooth ride or send my odometer on a frenzy when I'm driving. .

·
Registered
543 Posts
The ride will be a tiny bit more firm but you will not notice unless you really concentrate on it. The stock SE wheels come with 55 series tires so that right there will keep it soft and since you have an LE with softer suspension that will make it more smoother. If your really worried about it you could get 60 or 65 series tires but that would look weird, almost SUV status. In the end you will not notice any difference.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The ride will be a tiny bit more firm but you will not notice unless you really concentrate on it. The stock SE wheels come with 55 series tires so that right there will keep it soft and since you have an LE with softer suspension that will make it more smoother. If your really worried about it you could get 60 or 65 series tires but that would look weird, almost SUV status. In the end you will not notice any difference.
Thank you for commenting and I was just going to buy the se wheels then buy me some decent goodyear all weather tires lol since where im located we go through all seasons real bad. Would that drastically change the smooth ride I already get on le on stock. Or if you could would u refer me to some stock alloys because I'm sick of these hubcaps. And aren't the alloys lighter then those steal wheels that come stock anyway. I'm just not trying to spend a million an one dollars on tires

·
Registered
543 Posts
Your fine with what you want and how you plan to go, SE wheels with some goodyear all-seasons. Just get something that is unidirectional so you can rotate them properly and your good to go. Look for take-off wheels, mostly on eBay. Some sites sell them too. These are the stock wheels that a dealer or wheel shop got from a car they put aftermarket wheels on. They clean them up and resell them. Most times they are very clean and have very little miles on them. They cost no where near what a new wheel would cost.

Yeah, the alloys are a little lighter then the stealies you have.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Your fine with what you want and how you plan to go, SE wheels with some goodyear all-seasons. Just get something that is unidirectional so you can rotate them properly and your good to go. Look for take-off wheels, mostly on eBay. Some sites sell them too. These are the stock wheels that a dealer or wheel shop got from a car they put aftermarket wheels on. They clean them up and resell them. Most times they are very clean and have very little miles on them. They cost no where near what a new wheel would cost.

Yeah, the alloys are a little lighter then the stealies you have.
Thanks and as you see this is my first time ever doing anything with switching out wheels. And I didn't wanna get the se alloys and start having issues. And I'm just trying to keep it stock looking as possible. ..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quick question. I have a 12 camry se with stock 17". I'm planning to upgrade to 18" . So will my car work fine with 18x8 offset +42, also should I go with 225/45/18 tires or 235/45/18? Thanks guys

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quick question. I have a 12 camry se with stock 17". I'm planning to upgrade to 18" . So will my car work fine with 18x8 offset +42, also should I go with 225/45/18 tires or 235/45/18? Thanks guys

I had the same 17" stock and I switched to 18" rims with 225 45 18 @ first and you feel every bump and the wheel gap was huge, and I didnt like the feel in the winter time, so I switched the tires to 225 50 18 and it fills the gap and the ride feels so smooth.

I suggest 225 50 18

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks! 90% of the mods were at her request and I quote "Tint it, drop it and put some bump in the trunk!" SOLD! One of the main reasons I married her haha! :rockon:

·
It's Official
9,213 Posts
Thanks! 90% of the mods were at her request and I quote "Tint it, drop it and put some bump in the trunk!" SOLD! One of the main reasons I married her haha! :rockon:
Wow, that's awesome! You got yourself a winner!!! :thumbsup:

141 - 160 of 1109 Posts