Toyota Nation Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Venza V6 AWD
312 Posts
I am jointing you guys here, my 13' venza was squeaks free when new last winter, This year with 11000 km, I hear all kind of squeak from the dash(I hear noise from head unit, air vent, phone holder...) with the temp. dropped into 0'c those day:facepalm:
I will following all your suggestion and report back where the noise from...

·
Registered
2013 Venza V6 AWD
312 Posts
Update, I took out the dash side air vent, phone holder, apply vaseline to the edge of it, I didn't go the cloth tape way as I don't want extra thickness with the already not lined up dash. This morning(temp -10'c) I find it much quieter then Before the vaseline. Hope this help other here!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
After having relegated myself to the thought that it's "good enough" and I'm just not gonna worry about it anymore........tonight the windshield literally sounded like it was coming loose!

:facepalm:

No matter how much stuff I wedged between the dash & the windshield directly in front of me (speaker grill removed & all) it still crackled like a loose windshield.

I'm going to try to muster up the strength to head back to the dealer (different dealer this time) and see what they can do.

·
2009 Venza - fully loaded
2009 Toyota Venza
2 Posts
I have the same problem too, Its been 2 months since I bought a 2009 Venza and it started rattling.....It sounds like its coming from the steering or somewhere around it but still can't figure out.

Have you tracked this down. I just bought an 09 and it has rattles when going over any bumps (especially during the last snow storm, when road was bumpy). I sounds like it coming from under the dash on the drivers side, near the steering column, or slightly to the left (drivers left) of that.

·
Registered
09 Venza
204 Posts
Have you tracked this down. I just bought an 09 and it has rattles when going over any bumps (especially during the last snow storm, when road was bumpy). I sounds like it coming from under the dash on the drivers side, near the steering column, or slightly to the left (drivers left) of that.

I've had my 09 for almost 5 years and it runs quiet on smooth roads but as soon as you hit some bumps, it rattles so much I can't even guess where it's coming from but it appears all over from the underside of the car.

I've gotten so use to it I accept it as standard Toyota build.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Google it. I had similar issue with 2009. Noticed the rattle during cold winter days(nights). Seems to be a VERY COMMON problem. I believe Its a cable issue with the speedometer and Toyota should replace it and make a fix free of charge. I have a question I had a 2006 Camry and 2009 Venza and now a 2014 Venza. During the cold weather days only one horn works what's up with that ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2013 Venza V6 AWD
312 Posts
I have a question I had a 2006 Camry and 2009 Venza and now a 2014 Venza. During the cold weather days only one horn works what's up with that ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
same here, everytime the temp drop below freezing, only one horn work. I have demoed the problem to the tech during last oil change and it said that is normal in the winter... :wtf:

·
Registered
2013 Venza V6 AWD
312 Posts
After the recent sun roof poping sound stopped with cooler weather, I have new found source of dash rattle sound and I really sick of. Below is some area I work today to use cloth tape, double sided foam tape and foam pad from left over package that I try to quiet it down. It looks really :facepalm: now but at least I don't get my blood pressure raise everytime I turn or drive on uneven road...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Nice job Bensonic!! That's pretty much what I've done as rattles have presented themselves. I hate to say it but YOU will be your best advocate cuz Toyota couldn't care less!!

As for me, I'm at 35,750 miles right now so I dropped her off that the infamous dealership before warranty's up. I waited in line for 45 minutes for a service advisor. Lots of folks in dealer/Toyota shirts, but only 2 w/ power to help you out. :facepalm:

Nevertheless I had tracked problems w/ the care since the last time I brought it in (over a year ago) since after 36,000 miles, they can be rid of me for good. In order, here's what I've got.........

1.) Entire rear hatch door sounds like a bunch of latex balloons rubbing together as I driver down the road. Tighten up the shutting of it?? Is it in the door?? I dunno. We'll see if they even care.

2.) Passenger door speaker grill (which is actually part of the whole door panel) rattles when driving on the freeway & certain city streets. (Probably inside the door as the wife's pushing on it never makes it go away & I don't feel like pulling the door panel. (I've already done it once 2 years ago)

3.) Turn signal growl. (This is documented in this thread and they replaced the indicator switch once which resolved the problem for about a month before it returned)

4.) Steeling wheel whine. This, my wife, says is new and I'm not sure it's not resonance from the electric power steering motor but who knows. It shouldn't be there.

5.) The infamous cold-start clatter. (Which it does to a degree even when warm). I'm not sure which is worse......the clatter itself, or the idea of them executing the TSB to fix it. (I'd almost rather they not). I just want them to tell me it's "ok" and "they all do it" so if the motor ever goes down the road, I can nail THEM for it.

I told them to keep the car as long as they like. We'll see what the result is.

·
Registered
2013 Venza V6 AWD
312 Posts
Good luck in the dealership Redgtxdi !!
Mine didn't make as much noise before the recall done at the dealership...
You could try apply vaseline in the panel where the noise come. It did work on mine but not for long term.
speaking of let dealership work as long as they want.....Below is the picture I took at the dealer parking lot when picking up my car after oil change and a/c condensation recall.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Wow!! That is really bad!! However......not to be outdone...... ;)

My dealer did similarly when I had called them on a lie saying they pulled my door panel & insulated the door (yes, the same door whose speaker area rattles) and I pulled the door panel myself, exposing the truth.

Well, when they were done, they had literally blackened almost the entire passenger seat (I have the white "cloth" version in contrast to your leather) and my jaw hit the floor. I showed it to my service guy & he almost passed out. (My car was a month old at the time) It's as if somebody rolled on the work shop floor & then hopped in the passenger seat and rolled all over it. It was really, really bad & took their detailer a good hour to clean that seat!!

I certainly feel for ya. It's like Toyota's getting worse by the year. I just don't know what's going on with them anymore.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Venza V6
193 Posts
Wow Bensonc...

I would have lost my shit... I actually don't think I could have cooled off before running back into there and acting like a 5 year old lol...

That is absolutely unacceptable :O

I hope I never run into anything like this!

·
Registered
2013 Venza V6 AWD
312 Posts
I don't have high hope for their work in the first place....
I just took those picture, and go inside to ask service manager to see how they deliver the car back to me, took them 15min more to clean up...But I still need to go back the next day for a missing screw in the kick panel....Then what make it mad is the shop manager told me they never touched that part...
Those picture was sent to Toyota Canada for a month, but no reply yet...

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Nevertheless I had tracked problems w/ the car since the last time I brought it in (over a year ago) since after 36,000 miles, they can be rid of me for good. In order, here's what I've got.........

1.) Entire rear hatch door sounds like a bunch of latex balloons rubbing together as I drive down the road. Tighten up the shutting of it?? Is it in the door?? I dunno. We'll see if they even care. (DEALER ACTUALLY SAYS THEY'VE GOT IT FIXED!) :surprise:

2.) Passenger door speaker grill (which is actually part of the whole door panel) rattles when driving on the freeway & certain city streets. (Probably inside the door as the wife's pushing on it never makes it go away & I don't feel like pulling the door panel. (HERE AGAIN, THEY SAY THEY ACTUALLY FIXED IT!) :surprise:

3.) Turn signal growl. (This is documented in this thread and they replaced the indicator switch once which resolved the problem for about a month before it returned) (THEY SAY THEY CAN'T HEAR BUT ASKED ME TO COME DOWN TO SHOW THEM.....MUCH BETTER THAN PREVIOUS VISITS WHERE THEY JUST WANTED ME TO GO AWAY!)

4.) Steeling wheel whine. This, my wife, says is new and I'm not sure it's not resonance from the electric power steering motor but who knows. It shouldn't be there. (DITTO HERE, BUT AGAIN, MAY BE NOTHING. TURN SIGNAL GROWL IS FOR SURE, HOWEVER)

5.) The infamous cold-start clatter. (Which it does to a degree even when warm). I'm not sure which is worse......the clatter itself, or the idea of them executing the TSB to fix it. (I'd almost rather they not). I almost want them to tell me it's "ok" and "they all do it" so if the motor ever goes down the road, I can nail THEM for it. (THEY ACTUALLY SAID IT WAS QUITE PRONOUNCED AND ARE GOING TO DO THE TSB ON IT!!!) :surprise:

·
Registered
94 Posts
redgtxdi --

You deserve an award or something for taking on the role of "Venza Noise Test Dummy." It's a role none of us want, so thanks for "accepting" it.

One noise you didn't mention is the ONLY one I hear: a second or so of what sounds like a marble rolling after you pull away from a stop. Maybe also after turning a corner, I forget, but definitely from a stop.

It sounds like it's coming from behind the driver, in the center or passenger side. It might also be from the rear of the center console, but I've emptied every bit of it and no help. I've also tried emptying the glove compartment, removing the retractable cover in the back, lowering the backs of the rear seats, looking under the front seats (would look under the rear seats too but don't see how to do that), and pretending I don't hear anything, which sometimes works.

My next effort will be to crawl under the car and see if a stone got kicked up into an underbody panel.

It's the ONLY noise in my great 2011 6-cyl Venza, bought a couple months ago with 75000 miles. I didn't hear the rolling marble during the mostly-highway test drive.

If my NEW car had as many rattles and noises as yours, I'd invoke the lemon laws. Guess you've considered or tried that, and not sure if noise qualifies for a replacement anyway.

With as much as you know about the body of the Venza, are there any places you'd recommend I check out?

61 - 78 of 78 Posts