Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1988 Camry All-Trac 3S-FE
1988 Camry All-Trac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just decided to make a new thread rather than recovering my old photos from Photobucket... The car is still sitting on jack stands. I have the front end mocked up but that's about it. The rear end is about ready. Undercoated, most of the rust has been fixed, rear cross member reassembled etc. Time to put the fuel tank back together and install it all. Got new seals and wheel bearings for the rear, actually ended up being cheap. I found an NSK part number that crossed over from some Nissan Stanza if I remember correctly. I got a good used hub shipped to me from Florida a few months ago but thatch about it...

Here is what it looks like right now:

Nothing interesting here but this is the hubs before and after electrolysis.

Also bought a new grille!

It will be on its way soon.

Old thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/102-camry-1st-2nd-gen-1983-1986-1987-1991/982945-thedeadhp-s-88-camry-all-trac-thread.html

·
Toyota Collector
11,952 Posts
Rust removal on that knuckle worked a treat. I'm super jealous you have the complete Euro/Oz front end I have everything but the nose piece and can't find one to save my life.

Reactions: thedeadhp

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I'm jealous of both of you, I just want the bumper... ;)

Can't find one for sale anywhere, UK eBay and Gumtree have both been less than productive on that front.

·
1988 Camry All-Trac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rust removal on that knuckle worked a treat. I'm super jealous you have the complete Euro/Oz front end I have everything but the nose piece and can't find one to save my life.
If you need help finding a nose piece I might be able to help you out!

I'm jealous of both of you, I just want the bumper... ;)

Can't find one for sale anywhere, UK eBay and Gumtree have both been less than productive on that front.
We'll see if I can't help you find one... They are not cheap after all expenses are paid for I'll tell you that much. It would be shipping out of Russia so time would also be considered.

PM me and I can get in contact with a few people. (goes for both of you)

·
Toyota Collector
11,952 Posts
If you need help finding a nose piece I might be able to help you out!
Appreciated. I'm actually considering selling my front end kit I've lost interest in doing it, partly because the bumper support is bent and I'm not sure the setup would look good on my silver car. I don't want to put it on my wagon I like the way it is.

Problem is selling the kit it would probably have to be shipped.

·
1988 Camry All-Trac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Lot's has been done and not enough pictures have been taken! The whole rear end is back into the car and it moves! Here are some images from just getting it moving to now. (Not much has really happened)

Then I started changing things ;)

Headlights turned out well! Those Australian housings are deteriorating very badly from the UV damage, so the paint inside them might actually help them stay whole. I have just been slowly fixing rust issues... not much of note.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,568 Posts
Headlights turned out well! Those Australian housings are deteriorating very badly from the UV damage, so the paint inside them might actually help them stay whole. I have just been slowly fixing rust issues... not much of note.
My Aussie housings are getting pretty bad too. The corners leak, the tops of the headlights are starting to crumble, etc... I'm considering getting a whole new set. They seem to be available on eBay - not sure if I should get used OEM housings or new aftermarket ones.

-Charlie

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice ride, count me in on jealousy of that bumper and grill! Looks really nice, and it's very cool to see the attention put in where needed.

·
1988 Camry All-Trac
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not too much progress in a year. I have had this car on the back burner for other things. Between school, a job and the other cars I have been neglectful. That's not to say that progress has not been made. Old engine has been removed, engine bay was sanded down, battery tray was removed and the bay was painted. There were several things that I should have done differently, but it is an engine bay. So no harm in having rough paint there.

The bay is starting to go back together, slowly but surely. There is lots to sandblast and paint before re installation. I need to give some attention to that sorry looking wire loom ?. I get to work on the car once a week, so progress is minimal, but Douglas is still alive. Just waiting.

Only other exciting news for the car at this point is that I was able to track down a Vista bumper, Euro rear license plate garnish, tail light set and spoiler. (euro stuff not pictured) Neat!

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,568 Posts
Someday I'll install my euro rear spoiler... when the rest of the car gets paint, I suppose...

-Charlie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts