Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The code came up aNd replaced the sensor, it work fine for two days and then the check engine light came on with same code it was an after market part, was wondering if that matters or do i need to buy toyota my car idles low and need to feed it gas to keep it from stalling

·
Registered
2 Posts
Didn't Know that sensor , Trying to find help on my 02 camry 4cyl... The radiator has started leaking out of top below rad cap.. Kinda looks like a vent or screw in factory made plug.?? Idk its been leaking for 2 yrs. To much now.. Been keepn a rubber cap on over it with clamp.. As in.. A chair leg slip on rubber thing.. What can i do now!??? Coolant is dripping on A/c fan motor and wire's.. Any info would be awesome!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Didn't Know that sensor , Trying to find help on my 02 camry 4cyl... The radiator has started leaking out of top below rad cap.. Kinda looks like a vent or screw in factory made plug.?? Idk its been leaking for 2 yrs. To much now.. Been keepn a rubber cap on over it with clamp.. As in.. A chair leg slip on rubber thing.. What can i do now!??? Coolant is dripping on A/c fan motor and wire's.. Any info would be awesome!! Thanks.
Replacement DENSO radiators aren't that expensive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Depending on the code, you probably needed to replace the thermostat, instead of that sensor. As a matter of fact, I don't recall this car having an actual sensor specifically for the thermostat; all it should do is monitor coolant temperature from the temp sensor, and throw the code if the temperature given is too low based on time of engine running/engine load, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts