Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, my local AUTOZONE has let me down, i had searched their website and found my local store and it said they had the sparkplugs i needed, but when i went in, they didnt really have them, the only NGK dual electrode they had was the NGK Laser, wich makes me wonder, are the sparkplugs in the link below even dual electrode, i know it says it has 2 electrodes, but wth?? it shows no picture
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ca...e=14200033&itemId=prod10614&parentId=cat10017

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,747 Posts
Um...what's the part number? This is what it showed me when I clicked on yer link...

* HOME
* PARTS
* IGNITION (TUNE UP)
* SPARK PLUG
* NGK-STANDARD-COPPER

Did you check the spark plug thread? ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,747 Posts
So it's the NGK BKR5EKB-11 which is a dual ground spark plug... ;)

The intarweb is yer friend...use it. :D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,747 Posts
Koolness...now do you have the right tools to install them? I'd recommend a 12" length of 3/8" hose to start the spark plugs so you don't accidentally cross-thread them.

Don't fergit to pick up some anti-seize... :D

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,747 Posts
lol i will, but do you really need the anti-seize?
whats its advantage?
Um...the intarweb is yer friend...really. ;)

Have you ever taken out a spark plug that didn't want to come out after it's useful life was up? Ever have one break on you? Try to git something like that out of yer 3.4L engine...without taking it half apart just to git to... ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
which anti-seize should i get?
Aluminum-graphite up to 2,000 degrees F.
Copper (not recommended) up to 1,800 degrees F.
Nickel up to 2,600 degrees F.
Zinc up to 750 degrees F.

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright, im bout fed up with autozones shit, i order sparkplugs and sparkplug wires, they send me plugs, and some kinda friggin rubber thing to help start the new plugs, i am fed up, $20 for a piece of friggin rubber?
seriously?

I"VE BOUT HAD IT WITH THEM!! i needed wires dangit

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,747 Posts
i order sparkplugs and sparkplug wires, they send me plugs, and some kinda friggin rubber thing to help start the new plugs, i am fed up, $20 for a piece of friggin rubber?
seriously?

I"VE BOUT HAD IT WITH THEM!! i needed wires dangit
Did you read post #7 and about just gitting a 12" length of 3/8" rubber hose to start yer plugs with? What does yer invoice say? Got those part numbers you ordered from them? You can take it back to the store you know... ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i know bam, the invoice says sparkplugwires, but when ya run part number it comes up as something different, i know i can take it back to the store, but that is easier said than done for me, I DONT DRIVE!!!!!
when you buy something, you should GET WHAT IT SAYS, not something different, I have about had it with them, i beleive from now on for parts im goin to O'reilys, and yes i know about the fuelhose! that also requires a trip to a store!!

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
14,747 Posts
Then take it up with AutoZone and see what they will do about it... ;)

·
Registered
1996 T100
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will do so, as soon as i can make it over there, like i said, i dont drive, dad said he was searching the part numbers to that rubber thing, and said somewhere it said ya needed it for the duralast wireset? it looks like something to help get the sparkplugs started, so its use is basically the same as 3/8 fuel hose?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts