Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay guys..so this is a continuation thread of a previos one that has yet to be updated.

Problem 1 : I hated the DAMN RATTLES!!! Every single spot almost rattles (the squeeky seat hinge, the pillars, the rear deck)

Fix: (The HArd way) Go get some expanding foam and fill in the spots
(The EAsy wasy) I got some bass...turned it up..speakers loud as hell..and Voila! Problem fixed

Problem 2: The little tiny sunvisor that doesnt block any sun from coming in from the side

Fix: (The HArd way) Fabricate some sort of extension [you can use light grey construction paper, slide in on under the little plastic strip in the visor, and pull it out [I did this..but once i opened the window it flew awaY!]
(The EAsy way) Got myself a pair of sunglasses and Voila! it works!

Problem 3: Rear seat headrests (now this is the one i am still working on)

FIX: (The HArd way) The middle one is smaller and the outter two are bigger = the matching is off and bothers me. NOW does anyone want to trade me for a smaller one? (I will trade my bigger headrests in he back for the Middle smaller one for the rear seat headrest). I want everything to match AND you would have a matching set as well. All of the rear ones would be the same kind of "big" headrests. Anyone wanna trade? I went to the damn dealer and they want $325 for a small headrest (they are insane).
(The EAsy way) Junkyard much? None have totalled 09' corollas (yet)

Let me know if you guys any suggestions and if have anything that bothers you that may need fixing. I might be able to help. Who knows!

·
2011 Mustang GT 5.0
2011 Ford Mustang GT
313 Posts
I want everything to match AND you would have a matching set as well. All of the rear ones would be the same kind of "big" headrests.
I think you are saying you want the rear head rest in the middle to be even bigger than it already is....? I guess you really dont care about rearward visibility :ugh3:

IMO it is already hard enough as it is to see through the rear view mirror with those big ass head rests in the way. I put all three headrests in my trunk about three days after I got the car and they have been there since.:thumbsup:

·
boo.hoo.hoo.
1,498 Posts
Problem 2: The little tiny sunvisor that doesnt block any sun from coming in from the side

Fix: (The HArd way) Fabricate some sort of extension [you can use light grey construction paper, slide in on under the little plastic strip in the visor, and pull it out [I did this..but once i opened the window it flew awaY!]
(The EAsy way) Got myself a pair of sunglasses and Voila! it works!
I have no idea why Toyota didn't integrate into all of their cars. I believe this is off a 2000 Camry.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you are saying you want the rear head rest in the middle to be even bigger than it already is....? I guess you really dont care about rearward visibility :ugh3:

IMO it is already hard enough as it is to see through the rear view mirror with those big ass head rests in the way. I put all three headrests in my trunk about three days after I got the car and they have been there since.:thumbsup:
Ill take that middle headrest off your hands :)

Desentrix: I dont know why they didnt do it either. Kinda dumb IMHO

·
Old Fart
09 rolla
729 Posts
My biggest peeve is the clock. I like to ride leaning back and I can't see that clock unless I hunch over and look though the steering wheel holes. I would like to get a Highlander display and find someone to mold it to my center console

·
Registered
601 Posts
Expanding Foam?:wtf: Make sure to use extra in airbag area.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.