Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
The inside trunk lights? I believe all you have to do is pick up a 4.5 trunk and maybe do some wiring.

·
Registered
4runner
682 Posts
I think some one posted something like this before. The rear fnders are a little different(the turn signals are a little different in the back, the slope dwn. a little)

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
1. Rear trunk lid
2. Rear Bumper cover
3. Outside rear lights
4. Inside rear lights

(and someone with knowledge of wiring).

Edit: if you just pick up the trunk lid and the inner lights, the outside lights won't align, and if you use new outside lights, they stick out of the rear bumpercover....YES, you can be cheap and just do a trunk-lid from a gen4.5, but then its going to look like you did a conversion than look like a gen4.5 rear end.

·
Registered
451 Posts
jhbhatia said:
1. Rear trunk lid
2. Rear Bumper cover
3. Outside rear lights
4. Inside rear lights

(and someone with knowledge of wiring).

Edit: if you just pick up the trunk lid and the inner lights, the outside lights won't align, and if you use new outside lights, they stick out of the rear bumpercover....YES, you can be cheap and just do a trunk-lid from a gen4.5, but then its going to look like you did a conversion than look like a gen4.5 rear end.
Good info. So the bumper cover makes the outside lights stick out?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was wondering how much would everything cost. Maybe too much for a simple change............ Just my 2 cents.

·
Man on a mission...
635 Posts
I believe the bottom of the outside lights on a Gen4's flat as opposed to a 4.5's lights where it's slanted towards the trunk lid.

·
1B2 V6 Clean!
99 Cam with 01 front
93 Posts
new rear bumper
trunk lid
inner light
outer lights
wiring info
thats it trust me i was gonna do it then, i started liking the 97-99 look better so i didnt bother

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
yosh said:
Good info. So the bumper cover makes the outside lights stick out?
I've seen some pic who tried to wire the gen.5 to his gen4 and it looked funny. BTW: there was a dude in old old sc3 sites, whos username was xlev6 who modded this back in the good old days, he was from Madison, Wiscosnin. If anyone has this pic, they may know what i'm talking about. All he did was gen4.5 trunklid and inner lights, it looked HORRIBLE!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Lately I haven't been frequenting TN, but have been going to a site that fits my new car. Corvette Forum.

Doing a conversion to newer panels is usually not a good idea, especially when down the road someone asks you why the heck you did that. On a 1984 - 1996 C4 Corvette, some people do a conversion where they put the front and rear bumpers and lights from a 91 - 96 and put it on a 84 - 90 Vette. It looks correct, but the interior changed during that time too, so the interior doesn't match the exterior body style.

On the Camry, the interior is not such a big deal, but considering that you have a Gen4, isn't the body new enough looking? The kind of time and money spent on this upgrade could be spent more productively on the car, say a performance head or a real nice SS exhaust?

GT6

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
if you have a kit.. and some time.. you can do it.,.

my freind did it a while ago.. GRINDERS!!!! and bondo

hahah looks oem hell he even did away with the emblem protursion to fawk with kids thinking its an accord.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts