Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needless to say, the little rocket's appearance has grown on me.
Usually I used to not give much attention to the MR2's, viewing them as the equivalent to a Fiero (sorry guys). But after considering a miata, and whatever else in that category, I decided to take a look at the 1st gen of MR2's. They had great reviews (as do the present ones). I have the BMW as a 4 month only (summer car), but my 86 Corolla/Nova is about to die within the next year or so. SO when this happens, I have to have somethign to follow it up with. That's where the MR2 comes.
I don't care for the Nova/Corolla, as I have had this while I was in University, but after I'm done (next few months) I'm gonna have to get myself something else. I was considering another Corolla, but they are just too boring. I was gonna get a bike, but they are too damgerous (acc. to the g'friend), and you cant' drive them in winter :(
If I do get an MR2, I'll care for it much more, but considering that Toyotas in general are pretty much indestructable, makes me know that I'll have a durable, as well as fun little car. I dn't care much for turbos or superchargers, as I dont' want somethign that i'm gonna have to pay too much to maintain.
Can you guys give me some tips on looking for an MR2, 1st generation? I live in Canada, so I know that the 1st thing I'll be lookin for is rust.

Thanks in Advance! :D

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Look for how well it is driven. Check the vin number. Just the usual.

Im not sure about like enging problems and such. Hopefully a mr2 guy can come in here and give advice.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i guess then ur looking for an NA mk1....like with any used car...have a mechanic u trust look at the car..do a compression test and a leak down test to determine the health of the motor....since ur canada...biggest concern would prolly be rust issues...get the car up on a hoist so u can see if theres noticable rust underneath on the frame.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts