Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pondering the choices
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well i know the 2 hottest wheels for hondas were the konig helium and the rota slipstream for perf apps. i checked and the only one made in the 114.3x5 is the slipstream. i was going to get a set on heliums for my old civic before i got rid of it and didnt really look into the slipdtreams. they are about 500 for a set of 4. weigh just under 12lbs a piece. not as light as the 10lb heliums but close enough. i was also thinking about those kumho all-season performance tires. cant remember the exact model though. id have to look back into that. it should be there only allseason perf though. theyll be in 205/50-15 if i remember the sizes available correctly. anyways i just wanted to here some people opinions on the choices. not to familiar with what works good on the camrys. thanks.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
seriously tspeaking, don't waste your time on 15" rims for the camry.....16"s are good, but 17"s are perfect for a non-kitted cam....

you have to rememeber that our cars are big....

·
Pondering the choices
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well. i want to keep the speedo somewhat accurate and this will be almost identical to the stock size so it will be pretty damn accurate. the car is slow enough. i dont need to increase weight and emount of tire it needs to turn. not only that but the car sita high enough as it is as well. im not into wheels for style. its about usefulness. and a ligher wheel will produce less rotational mass therefor alowing me to drive a tiny fraction fast and not only that i will also drop some unsprung weight. which in itself helps a car in every fasion. but thanks for the opinion. if was going show than i would go wiht he bigger wheels. i just plan on some more go.

·
Did somebody say "Nachos"
1992 Toyota Camry
550 Posts
How accurate do you care your speedo/odo reads?

Go find that tire/wheels size calculator (some miata site, do a search here - it has been mentioned lots of times).

My Cam came with 195-70R14's stock, and now I'm using 205-55R16's. My speedo might be a percent or two off, but who the heck cares ? :rolleyes:

I would have gone for 17's but back in 2000 I was such a nube to the scene...next time 17's :)

just my 2 cents though....

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
If you're going for performance, don't cheap out on tires. You will not be pleased with the ECSTA ASX. I had ECSTA HP4, and now I have ECSTA KH11, and neither of them are what I had hoped for. Unless you're getting MX or better, don't get Kumho.

·
Pondering the choices
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well what happens when it snows. thats the only reason i want all season perf tires with snow driving ability. but then again i could just keep snow tires on stockies. its just i dont have much room to keep 4 wheels and tires sittin around. espesially when i move.

·
Lives For The Curves
93 Camry
1,546 Posts
Get snow tires for the stock rims... they'll be a hell of a lot better than any all season.

·
Registered
764 Posts
why go for 17s when you can go for 18s and 19s?
geeze, youre stilla noob ...j/k

ummm 18s, that is sweet, yep, 18s superlegera from OZ

·
Pondering the choices
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does anyone know the approx weight for stock wheels and tires. just so i can judge my options off of that. another reasn id go with smaller wheels is cuz tires are usually cheaper. i prolly wont go larger than 16's but lets say what are some not o expensive 1 17 and 18s that are pretty light. i only know of those 2 which are in 15 and i think the slipstream ma offer 16. what are some other options for me. thanks

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Hey whats up man, I have 18's and my speedo is off my maybe a percent. Also, if you get anything smaller then 17's your rims are going to look very small.

·
Registered
764 Posts
thats why you need chrome 26s...so that your car looks small
and we all know small equals lightweight equals faster. so there you go, you made your car faster with 26s chrome spinners

1 - 12 of 12 Posts