Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife has an 06 tC. Beware that there are some issues with the car. I think they forgot the sound deadening with the car so you hear every road noise. The steering is quite weird and you can forget about letting go of the steering wheel while going down the road. It will go hard right or hard left depending on which way it's pulling. You need to be a gorilla to pull the seat back lever on the passenger side. Strange, the driver's side is easy. Wipers last about a week then need replacing. If you have the sunroof open, the back seat window shade flops around like a chicken with it's head chopped off. The Scion radio cover squeaks when open, luckily you have wheel controls so you have to keep it closed. When it's really cold out, the front part of the roof makes noises like it's detaching from the body, very scary sounding. Oh, and you can forget 28mpg. my wife gets 21-25mpg and my wife is not a lead foot. Not even close to my company '06 Impala 31.2 on the highway or my '06 MB E350 30,7 on the highway.

Just remember, it's an under $21K car (with auto) and nothing more. Dealer experience - no better than the domestics so where's the beef?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts