Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been kinda throwing around the idea of something other than a Camry, so I thought Avalon, but then on a lark I priced same years ES 350's, say 2014-2016. The prices are not as crazy as I thought for the ES; actually they seem a much better value with miles being the same as the Avalon... Why is this? I am seeing 2015 ES 350's with >25k miles for under $24,000 asking prices, which to me at least seems a pretty good place to start.

The ES videos I have watched have the ES looking more upscale, and luxurious than a similarly equipped/priced Avalon, the ES is made in Japan, and from my research the reliability is absolutely tops. So for ES 350 owners, do you agree with what I have written, were you in a similar position, and how do you like your ES 350? My main wish is to have something that has very comfortable front seats, is very quiet and refined, and cruises straight, and tracks true down the interstate without wandering. Only concern is lack of dealership locations, so I wonder if a local Toyota dealership could act as a warranty/recall repair facility? FWIW, I do read Lexus dealerships seem to provide a cut above Toyota dealerships, with regard to customer service, amenities, etc... Is this the case in your experience?

Never thought I would be asking about buying a Lexus, and look forward to your replies. Thanks.

·
Nothings better!
224 Posts
I used to have and Avalon that had the same engine and drivetrain that would be in the 350 and it was absolutely outstanding reliability and ride quality. I had 263,000 miles on it when we crashed it and the only thing I ever changed was an ignition coil and an idler pulley which between the two was like $100. So yes they are excellent as far as which one to choose I suppose it's going to boil down too if you want The Prestige of driving a Lexus or if a Toyota would be fine. The cars they will have similar options and will both be outstandingly smooth rides. So I guess go with the best deal and color you enjoy the most....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have and Avalon that had the same engine and drivetrain that would be in the 350 and it was absolutely outstanding reliability and ride quality. I had 263,000 miles on it when we crashed it and the only thing I ever changed was an ignition coil and an idler pulley which between the two was like $100. So yes they are excellent as far as which one to choose I suppose it's going to boil down too if you want The Prestige of driving a Lexus or if a Toyota would be fine. The cars they will have similar options and will both be outstandingly smooth rides. So I guess go with the best deal and color you enjoy the most....
Thanks a lot, for your insight. After I posted, I noticed the ES 350 does not have fold down rear seats, just a pass through... Dang, I really want this feature!

·
Registered
515 Posts
FYI, the current generation of the ES350 is made in the USA, not Japan. I believe this started in 2013, but that can be researched.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought a J vin 2013 CPO ES and love it. Wasn't going to finance, but they were offering .9% on the deal, which I didn't know toyota did on CPO's.
It only had 31k on it. Got it for about the same as a new Camry 4 banger would have cost. Only thing I don't like is the way toyota has gone to lifetime trans; and that related debate rages on.

With all the chatter about the problems with the 8 speed now in a lot of toyota cars, I wanted to grab a 6sp while I still can, just prefer it had a dip stick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’m thinking same thing about going Lexus SUV maybe next year. It’s a sad day when we have to say we’d rather have a car made in Japan rather than USA. But it’s come to that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts