Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
3S Killa
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have any good/bad to say....
its a red 1986 gt three-door hatch, manual trans, and 263k on the engine....
heres some pics...

·
Registered
91' Celica GTS
208 Posts
Macro mode? The paint job on the hood is so questionable. How does the underbody look rust wise? And yeah, the engine has been looked at by a mechanic noting the marks on vacuum hoses, but the wrong radiator? Strange...

·
3S Killa
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
interior trashed???? besides the hole in the dash, tears on the top of the back seats, missing radio and expected wear for a 22 year old car..... i think its in great shape door panels all good, floors clean, never been in a accident..... as for the rust on the underbody... this car is a california car and always has been, so not much rust at all (22 years old) but there is some... the car is real cheap cant pass it up, i know i got some work ahead of me the previous owner tried to replace the head gasket and got to deep into it and left the head loose(notice the pic)... but other than that im gonna use it as a project car.... i plan on tearing the 3s-fe apart and "learning" on it.... i own a gen 2 camry that needs the head gasket replaced but currently is running so im buying this car to learn on.....

·
Registered
93 Celica GT Coupe
350 Posts
Am i missing a pic of the radiator somewhere?

I'd pay $300 for it.

I'm not sure what i'd do with it. But it would probably involve a ghetto engine swap, a ton of nitrous, and some fun at the drags.

·
Registered
421 Posts
You still haven't told us how much the car is, that makes all the difference. Yeah, the body looks straight, so if you want it, go for it. You asked for input, good or bad, so I gave it. I've acquired 6 Celicas, all over +20-years old with mint interiors, so maybe I'm spoiled ;)

The radiator mounts don't line up and neither does the filler neck and top rad hose; it should be over to the battery side more, over the yellow label on the fan shroud. Functional, yes, but incorrect. Easy to fix that though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts