Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Got Gas!
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it's about time to retire the old camry and trade her in for a sportier model. I've been checking out the Corolla Sportivo and am impressed with the power from such a small engine. Before I go down to the bank and walk out with a hand full of cash, is there anything I need to know about the Corolla (ZZE 123R in particular) such as common problems or what are they like to live with everyday. Fuel consumption details would be good too as I tend to drive over 1000kms a week. As these cars have now been discontinued are parts hard to come by?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
you by chance looking at the 7A-FTE version of the sportivo?

·
Got Gas!
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply, it looks like the 2ZZ-GE model according to a website. The spec has it down at 141kW (193hp) which seems pretty respectable for such a small car...... and all that without turbo.

Oh, almost forgot, it's the 2004 version

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
en1gma said:
Sorry for the late reply, it looks like the 2ZZ-GE model according to a website. The spec has it down at 141kW (193hp) which seems pretty respectable for such a small car...... and all that without turbo.

Oh, almost forgot, it's the 2004 version
Trust me, get one while you can. Just get it thoroughly inspected i.e clutch, synchros etc. 2ZZ-GE is a beautiful motor and transmission combination for what it is. Lift + 8400 rpm rev limit is a lot of fun and entertaining. I had mine for over 2.5 years already and not once did I regret my purchase.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts