Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys, Im almost ready to buy my first car.
Ive been going from choice to choice of cars

240sx - RWD = Bad in snow. Underbody is prob rusted to hell
RSX - Too expensive, Celcia looks better
Camry - Friends just laughed.
Integra - like as much as celica. Cant deside XD
Celica - Clear winner

But yea. I really want one but after looking on this fourm I see that they have some problems. After being told it was a very relible car.

So im asking if its actually worth it to get a celica?

2000-2005 Celicas :)

,Jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey i hear your having a problem deciding what car to get...
I was in the exact same situation as you about a year ago and i was looking at Integra's, Civics, Subaru's (to expensive and not that nice) mind you i didnt look at any camry's (just teasing;)).
Celica is the way to go, i bought my car with 20000km on it (twenty thousand that aint a typo) for $21,000 with everything. I made the best deal anyone could make. Its a 2004 Toyota Celica Tsunami Ed (whihc means it has kits and full panasonic sound system without sub), it came dropped on H&R springs and with 18'' ROH rims ($900 a pop)! I also got the stock springs and rims with brand new winter tires. I dont know what hit the guy in the head who sold it to me. This car is a charm, it runs amazing and i only had a faulty synchro which was replaced under warranty. I put about $700 into it putting in my old system (12'' Eclipse with kicker amp) bounds my car like crazy, Car Maxx HID's and an AEM CAI (got in on ebay for $200 w/ shipping) the intake makes the car sound super mean. I am more then happy with my celica and i guarantee you, you wont go wrong if you buy one. It's a great ride and although mines a GT and not a GT-S its still quick. I posted a pic of mine below and like i said i gaurantee 100% satisfaction, like always Toyota is very reliable and it does not disappoint.:clap:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice Spiderman in the trunk!

But yah. I dont have 20k to spend on a car. more like 10-15 :)
Then when the time comes and I have some extra cash, THEN ill start upgrading.

I really like your car tho :)
Its niccccceeeeee

If I get mine, I wana put a wide body kit on it :)

·
Newbie in One Hot Celica!
2001 Celica GT
4 Posts
Get One!

I am a new Celica GT owner and I absolutely love this car! It has aftermarket wheels, Tein coilovers, HID lights, a Kicker Amp, Alpine head unit, Body kit, carbon fiber mirror covers, scoop, and center wing, plus lots more...

I paid $9,500 for it. It has 61K miles on it. She runs like a dream.

My advice:
1- Get a Celica. It's one of the best rated used cars in consumer reports and a heck of a lot of fun!
2- Take your time looking until you find the one you really want.

Check out my car. Not a great pic' cuz I used my camera phone. I'll post better ones later on.
http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/10197/ppuser/128030

·
is fat.
44 Posts
You should be able to get one in your budget range. If I were you I'd spring for the GT-S though, just to avoid possible regrets. (I'm not saying you'll have any, I'm just saying why not go all out on a better model)

·
Registered
120 Posts
go for it. they're getting cheaper and insurance is very cheap! i got my 2000 celica gt-s 6spd for 5k with 120k miles. it drives great with no leaks. if you do the general maintenience, your car should last a long time. vvtl-i is awesome and kicks in hard. and it's a very quick little car...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Celica is the way to go, i bought my car with 20000km on it (twenty thousand that aint a typo) for $21,000 with everything. I made the best deal anyone could make.
So when did you get your car? It's a clean car and everything..but if you bought a 4 year old car for $21k then that sounds like too much. I mean I think they were like $25k brand new.

·
459 Posts
7th gen Celica GTS's are nice (quick if driven right) but I dunno if I'd want to be buying premium gas for it. Gas ain't getting any cheaper - buy a GT (runs on regular) w/ a manual tranny and beef up the suspension. Not to mention, the powerband of the GTS sucks for "normal daily driving" ..... seriously.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok well Ive decided, I will not be getting a Celica. Just because theyre too slow.
The integra has a 1.7L (I think) and the Celica has a 2.0L and the Integra is still faster.

Integra is also alot cheaper

So im just going to get a Integra. Thx for the replies nways

,Jason

·
Registered
'01 Celica GT-S 6spd
159 Posts
You don't even know what you are talking about...

The 2000-2001 Celica GT-S is FASTER than the Integra GSR. I ran a 14.7 in the 1/4 mile with my car when it was bone stock. Find an Integra GSR that can do that completely stock with full interior.

·
is fat.
44 Posts
ok well Ive decided, I will not be getting a Celica. Just because theyre too slow.
The integra has a 1.7L (I think) and the Celica has a 2.0L and the Integra is still faster.

Integra is also alot cheaper

So im just going to get a Integra. Thx for the replies nways

,Jason
It depends what year of integra you're getting. The 90-93 integras (DA9) came with b18a1 motor (1.8 DOHC) and the GS-R's of that gen had a b17a1(1.7 DOHC VTEC) If you're getting a 3rd gen GS-R (DC2), you're looking at the b18c1(1.8 DOHC VTEC) which is a very strong motor if you're wanting to do a build or boost. They had roughly 170hp and 128lbs of torque. They're really quick cars from factory. I think you'll be happy with the teg.

BTW, which year of Celica were you talking about? You said 2 liter. I thought you were interested in a 7th gen no? Both the Celica and the Teg are good cars, but the Teg will be best bang for your buck.

Either way, good luck with it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let's see... Try to check this :naughty: It depends on how you're going to balance your budget vs performance

Celica GT-S Engine
- 1.8-liter DOHC 16-valve VVTL-i 4-cylinder Transmission
- 6-speed manual - standard
- 4-speed Sportshift electronically controlled transmission (ECT) - available Standard Equipment
-GT Standard Equipment Plus (3):
-Integrated fog lamps
-P205/55R15 tires on 15" 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels
-Cold Area Package - includes heavy-duty battery and starter motor, and intermittent rear window wiper
-Drilled aluminum pedals
-Leather-wrapped steering wheel and manual shift lever
-Cruise control
-Power windows with retained power and driver's auto-down feature -Power door locks with anti-lockout feature
-Premium 3-in-1 AM/FM ETR/Cassette/CD with 8 speakers Additional Options
-P205/50R16 tires on 16" 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels
-Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
-Power tilt/slide moonroof with retained power and sunshade
-Rear spoiler
-Leather-trimmed sport seats(4)
-Driver and passenger front seat-mounted side-impact air bag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)(1) Accessories
-Front-end mask
-Gold Emblem Package
-Wheel locks
-Center console armrest
-Carpeted floor mats
-Toyota Vehicle Intrusion Protection (VIP) RS3200 Security System*
-Cargo net
-6-disc trunk-mounted CD changer

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.