Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

After 300 mile trip today, decided I would look into cruise on "Scooter" my '87 Camry. Anyone tried this before? How about after-market compared to one from a salvage yard. Is it difficult to install? Can it be done? Appreicate ideas, suggestions and comments.

Thanks,

Jeff

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
9,208 Posts
You'd have to get a lot of parts to get a salvage-yard cruise-control to work. There area couple extra wires that need to be run around the car, along with the button, cables and assembly.

I'd go for aftermarket if you can find a good system...

-Charlie

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
not only do you have to have hte main cruise unit if you go factory but the cruise also has its own ECU. so going salvage is probably not really feasible. You can go after market and tey will work fine. I think you can even get them at some parts stores and install your self. If not call around to shops in your area that install custom stereo, leather and sunroofs. I know here in nashville that is the type of shop that normally does tht type of install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.