Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what exacly does it do? the only thing i see it doing is dirtying up my intake with crap. i was thinking of just removing the lines and putting end caps on them. or should i put those little filter things on them? also i'm talking about a 1mz.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
go to advance autoparts and get a fuel filter part #f21124 and put it inline of the pvc hose and your intake manifold will stay clean but also put one on that hose that goes to your intake tube:thumbup:

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the egr is currently bypassed. i just have to finsh removing and capping that stuff off. well why do people put those little filter things on their cars? would there be any adverse afects if i remove the system and cap everything off? i dont care about emissions.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Ive got a 2VZFE engine and was thinking of doing the same. What are the effects of blocking or putting filters on the PCV/Breather Hose and the EGR pipe??

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
I'm pretty sure you want to keep your pcv valve working and not cap it off. One of the reasons why the 1mz had sludging problems was because of the pcv valve not effectively venting.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
What about just the Breather hose on the forward bank??? This is just a hose that runs from the rocker cover to the intake. No PCV on this one. This is where they normally run those little Filter things.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,767 Posts
Keep the PCV system working as originally designed on the car. You will actually get MORE power with the crankcase having some vacuum in it. Put a catch can (or inline fuel filter) if you are worried about crap getting in the intake manifold.

-Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts