Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Stock? Blasphemy!
06 Rav4 v6
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been proven that it's possible to swap the cargo bin for third row seats on the 2nd gen highlander and plenty of people have met up to do the swap: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/122-2nd-generation-2008-2013/287408-3rd-row-seat-swap-photos.html - I suspect it's also possible on the Rav as well.

I have a 2006 base v6 with gray cloth interior and no 3rd row seat. Is there anyone near Houston with a 2006-2012 rav who has a 3rd row with gray cloth who doesn't want the third row anymore? If so, are you willing to meet up with me to do a swap? Benefit to you is you'd have more interior cargo space in the form of a shallow "trunk"under the floor of the cargo area, and no more seatbelts hanging back there.

I am a former ASE certified Toyota mechanic who's comfortable taking apart entire interiors for installing stuff like DVD players, alarms, multi-channel dashcams, and other accessories - that was part of my job when I was a mechanic. I have all necessary tools, so it shouldn't take too long to do the actual work. Reply here or send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Stock? Blasphemy!
06 Rav4 v6
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they said the supercharger for the 97-01 Camry v6 wouldn't fit my 95 Camry v6 even though it's the same 1mz-fe engine. I proved them wrong and had an absolute blast with that car, putting on another 120k problem-free miles after installing the supercharger. No, it wasn't as simple to install as it was in the 97-01 but it wasn't THAT much harder either.

I need to remove the D pillar trim on one side anyway to route the cable for my rear dashcam, so while I'm in there I'll look for seat belt mount points. I might as well pop out the cargo bin trim to check for seat mount points too. If they exist I'll take pictures to share, and continue looking for seats either in junkyards or preferably from someone here who wants to swap.

Interesting link for those little seats - reminds me of the rear-facing seats in my dad's old 88 Camry wagon. And those weird side facing seats in the old Nissan extended cab pickups.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.