Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im on my way home from a friends house and my ABS light comes on, so i pull over look at everything, it all looked good truck stops fine. I had also noticed a loud noise from my driver side front wheel. Well when I got home I looked everything over a little better, brakes look good, so I jacked the truck up and and spun the DS wheel and it sounds like SHIT the damn wheel bearing is trash. Now I am hoping the people at carmax dont give me the run around cause this biotch is still under warranty so they best not dick me around. Apparently, this is a problem on our trucks has anyone heard this?

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
So what your saying is........ this is your first car.

·
n00b
2,104 Posts
this same exact thing happened to me this past weekend... only, i'm out of waranty by 4k miles. BLOWS!

i'll be working on my truck this weekend :headbang:

EDIT: does anyone know what part# to get for this?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
So im on my way home from a friends house and my ABS light comes on, so i pull over look at everything, it all looked good truck stops fine. I had also noticed a loud noise from my driver side front wheel. Well when I got home I looked everything over a little better, brakes look good, so I jacked the truck up and and spun the DS wheel and it sounds like SHIT the damn wheel bearing is trash. Now I am hoping the people at carmax dont give me the run around cause this biotch is still under warranty so they best not dick me around. Apparently, this is a problem on our trucks has anyone heard this?
There is some information missing here, like year, mileage, etc. Under whose warrantly (Carmax/Toyota)? and what does that warranty cover?

If it is under 60 mo/60k miles it should be under the powertrain warranty from Toyota. If it is a Carmax warranty, then I do not knoiw.

I have participated in enough Toyota forums for long enough now that I would not say this is a "problem on our trucks".

So what your saying is........ this is your first car.
I am still trying to figure out how this response has anything at all to do with the problem. First truck or 20th truck, does it matter?

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
I am still trying to figure out how this response has anything at all to do with the problem. First truck or 20th truck, does it matter?
Im saying stuff breaks.

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
NO this is not my first friggin car. Also my daddy didnt by this for me in case you are wondering. ASS!!!
Its an internet board grow some thicker skin, I was making a funny. Not implying how long you were breast fed:D

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Im saying stuff breaks.
Ohhhh.... gotcha! One of those posts good for post count but little else.

I need to update my Forum Speak Translator (tm)

"this is your first car" equals "stuff breaks"

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
Ohhhh.... gotcha! One of those posts good for post count but little else.

I need to update my Forum Speak Translator (tm)

"this is your first car" equals "stuff breaks"
No you need to say "let me guess...... this is your first car" Then it equals "stuff breaks", and only when in response to a thread relating to something breaking.

·
jpspartan09
08 Tacoma
454 Posts
NO this is not my first friggin car. Also my daddy didnt by this for me in case you are wondering. ASS!!!
dude seriously.... chill out. you'll learn very quickly this forum has SARCASTIC people in it. and unless we *attack* you like you just did cj99, there's no reason to get upset about any of it

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,713 Posts
Mine went on my '06 around 40K-50K, my son's ZR2 is bad as we speak. Wheeling does it, big tires don't help it, just one of those things that happen.

As previously mentioned, not a big deal but the parts may be a few bucks. On the ZR2 they are $80 after market, $160 for Timken. It take an hour to change, all you need is a socket to remove the 4 flange bolts, a big socket for the axle nut, 36mm on the GMC, and a big hammer to get the shaft loose from the hub.

·
Registered
2005 Tacoma
337 Posts
hey princess chill out or are people hurting your feelings. :gaydumbo:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts