Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i drained the diff fluid on the 88 camry but in the manual it said to just fill through the dip stick tube, so i did...but the lvel on the dipstick was way high.

is the only way to check would be to check the fill point on the diff?

im so confused!!!

id check right now but i have a final to goto :thumbdown
anyways, let me know...thanks guys (this has already been covered so bear with me)

·
Rotor > Piston
91 Camry, 90 RX7
411 Posts
you just have to wait for the fluid to drain down the filler neck before you check the level, otherwise it will jsut get fluid on the stick and won't give an accurate reading.

·
Grenaded piston
7,447 Posts
If you have a automatic transmission. The diff and tranny are drained and filled seperately.

The tranny is filled through the dipstick. And the diff is filled through the backside of the diff, theres a bolt/plug.

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH.

this makes me mad/sad..i was driving with no diff fluid and one quart over int he tranny :(

time to re-drain the whole fucking thing tomorrow...luckily i have all the fluid already.

·
A Lone Wolf
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea, i have no clue how ill get to it but i was draining the fluid and it started raining so FUXK!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.