Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Slow AF
2012 Matrix
My 2007 Matrix sadly died last year with 650 000 klms.

she struggled a little the last 2 weeks but other than that- not a problem other than regular maintenance.
Bought a 2013 Matrix to replace.

These cars are bulletproof
Maintain them and they treat you well

straight cash homie
Why didn't ya replace the engine and just keep going? Did the odometer get stuck? Not sure if it was an issue on Canadian models like they were US.

Diehard Rams Fan
It sounds like she treated you well!

Registered
2013 XLE Touring V6

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
My 2007 Matrix sadly died last year with 650 000 klms.

she struggled a little the last 2 weeks but other than that- not a problem other than regular maintenance.
Bought a 2013 Matrix to replace.

These cars are bulletproof 馃憤
WOW :eek: congratulations, if you don't mind asking did you ever change the timing chain? you had a bore scoring problem at the end or the engine just die?

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
Why didn't ya replace the engine and just keep going? Did the odometer get stuck? Not sure if it was an issue on Canadian models like they were US.
After 13 years I think he deserves some change, on my end If it was me I will swap the engine for something extremely powerful just to have like a nice sleeper car.

straight cash homie
After 13 years I think he deserves some change, on my end If it was me I will swap the engine for something extremely powerful just to have like a nice sleeper car.
I can concur...I've been in my Corolla almost as long, as have all of us, and also ready for another car, though the Corolla still has plenty of life.

Diehard Rams Fan
I think this is why I love my 09 Corolla S more than ever. I've had it since 11/2008 but it has continued to evolve the entire time and has never gotten old to me. I'm also fortunate that I own 6 cars so I get to drive different cars and things don't get old.

Reactions: Vangm25

Premium Member
Corolla 2010 Basic
I think this is why I love my 09 Corolla S more than ever. I've had it since 11/2008 but it has continued to evolve the entire time and has never gotten old to me. I'm also fortunate that I own 6 cars so I get to drive different cars and things don't get old.
I can concur...I've been in my Corolla almost as long, as have all of us, and also ready for another car, though the Corolla still has plenty of life.
They left something special that I can't explain I never had a car for so long mine turned 10 years in May 2020 and like you said evolving and keeping it interesting is the key, luckily for us we have other vehicles but for someone who has one car only I think change is welcome.

Diehard Rams Fan
They left something special that I can't explain I never had a car for so long mine turned 10 years in May 2020 and like you said evolving and keeping it interesting is the key, luckily for us we have other vehicles but for someone who has one car only I think change is welcome.
View attachment 303420
I agree that's why I just buy another car since a car I've had for 10 years has long been paid for in full!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts