Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to know how many miles you've put on your drop and any issues you had/have. Please post tires and wheels you are running.

Me: Roughly 20K on the drop and the car has pulled a bit to the left right since day one, had it aligned but still pulls.
Wheels: ISx50 wheels/tires 18x8 & 18x8.5, Offset: 45mm front & 50mm rear
Tires: Bridgestone Potenzas 225/40-18 & 255/40-18

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
How does +50 offset in the rear even fit? mine are +48 and i had to use spacers because they hit the struts...

Have put maybe 15k on my Eibachs no issuses..

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Here is my specs:
Eibach springs installed on car for 20k miles.
Front MRR HR2 18x8 +35 offset Kumho Ecsta 235-45-18
Rear MRR HR2 18x9 +35 offset Kumho Ecsta 235-45-18
Alignment has been done since eibach installed has no problem at all.

·
Take it easy... :-)
'08 XLE
3,018 Posts
10k on the car with TRD - installed by dealer

Kazera KL 18x8 + 45 - front
Kazera KL (deep lip) 18x8 + 35 - rear

Toyo T1R 225-45-18 all around

no pulling or vibration anymore of any kind (had to re-balance wheels a few times and get alignment)

had to replace one front strut assembly at 5k - not sure if it was even related.

·
Registered
204 Posts
no drop

stock struts

stock rims

re960as to save my life cause its the best ultra high performance all season in the world

and the car is a boat

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
About 10k miles on my TRD springs, stock struts.

Now running on 19x8.5 +36 all around with 235/35/19 tires. No rub or anything.

Not low enough for aftermarket wheels in my opinion. Just handles a bit better then stock suspension, either going with S.Techs or coilovers.

·
Stewiefied Racing CEO
431 Posts
30k on TRD springs i had to replace the upper strut bearings due to improper install and the new ones still make noise (not slammed enough for my liken) i want coilovers
enkeis 245/35/20 no clue what the offset is

·
2008CAMRYSE
2008CAMRYSE
73 Posts
My Springs before is TRD springs I have no problem, but when I switch to H&R's the car starts pulling a bit to the left. I have done 2 alignments in 2 different shops after my H&R's is installed. The mechanic suggest the bolts that he used in his chrysler 300 that has 22's on it with a Eibach sportline springs but it will cost me $300 to do it and 2 hours to install it, thats why I didn't do it and know my car still's pull a bit to the left. The mechanics explanation is that the front left tire is more negative than the front right tire that's why it is pulling to the left.

btw, my tires are 235/45-18 kumho ecsta spt

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
I've had my eibachs for about 6 months on the original struts with 113,xxx k miles on them...I pull to the right especially stopping and taking off from stop lights...but i was in a wreck that junked my front suspension, and it pulled slightly even before the springs...

·
Premium Member
6,508 Posts
no drop

stock struts

stock rims

re960as to save my life cause its the best ultra high performance all season in the world

and the car is a boat
whats the point of this post when it has nothing to do w/ the OP?

@ the OP: Lots of people experience cars pulling to the left or right after they drop their cars and even alignment can't fix it. I had this same problem and had big o tires align it. They couldn't get it right, so I ended up going to Bear's alignment. They specialize in dropped cars and hand align all of the vehicles. My car's been perfect ever since. Try looking for a reputable hand alignment shop somewhere close to you, not computerized.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
whats the point of this post when it has nothing to do w/ the OP?

@ the OP: Lots of people experience cars pulling to the left or right after they drop their cars and even alignment can't fix it. I had this same problem and had big o tires align it. They couldn't get it right, so I ended up going to Bear's alignment. They specialize in dropped cars and hand align all of the vehicles. My car's been perfect ever since. Try looking for a reputable hand alignment shop somewhere close to you, not computerized.
Thats what my father in-law suggested. He had an older camry that pulled to the left from day one. He had a computer alignment and didnt fix it, ended up taking it to some old time mechanic and did a hand alignment and it fixed it. Dont they use a tape measure and measure in front and behind the tires until they are equal? That shop's the one in corona right?

·
2GR FTW
2007 Toyota Camry SE
1,543 Posts
You may need a camber kit, Eibach has camber bolts too.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update on my car. No longer running 225/40 fronts. I slapped on a set of 255/40s on the 18x8s with NO problems. Will get an alignment later this week and will post a before and after spec sheet.

·
2008CAMRYSE
2008CAMRYSE
73 Posts
Damn! I have to find one reputable hand alignment shop here in vegas... What's the range price for a hand alignment?

Paul- Where in corona is bear's shop? cross street's? I might go to Fontana this coming 1st week of May and probably stop by corona.....

·
Gotta Love Twins!
98 Twin Turbo Supra
403 Posts
I have the TRD Springs (with spring spacers on the rear to make the wheel gap even all around) and the factory TRD Wheels installed with a little over 24K miles on the odometer....no issues at all.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
50,000 kms on my eibachs, added rear spring boosters for more raked forward stance. no strut/tire wear issues. still rides solid.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts