Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed roof rails and for some reason, one of my four mount covers has a weather seal that is not entirely smooth. The seal seems to be squished unevenly compared to the others and so I am afraid of leaks. I basically have 3 good seals and one poor one I think.

So how good is your seal? Pics would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Here are some pics of my roof rails self install. Notice how in the 2nd and 4th pics, the seal is not good. The 1st and 3rd look good though. I'm curious as to what yours look like. If you had some pics of your covers and seal that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

·
2014 Highlander XLE Owner
2014 Highlander XLE
86 Posts
Here are mine. I've got one with an ever-so-slight ripple in it, but not the same issue that yours is exhibiting. Clicking the image will take you to the individual images in an album.

Looks like you've got one that got pinched under the crossbar cover. Can you pop the cover off and re-position the seal? (I didn't install mine myself, so I don't know what's involved.)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took the rails off, inspected them carefully, and then re-installed them. When off the rack, the cover fits on perfect. Unfortunately once I attach it that one attach point still looks pretty bad. It looks ok from the top though so I dont think it will leak. Oh well.

·
2014 Highlander XLE Owner
2014 Highlander XLE
86 Posts
I took the rails off, inspected them carefully, and then re-installed them. When off the rack, the cover fits on perfect. Unfortunately once I attach it that one attach point still looks pretty bad. It looks ok from the top though so I dont think it will leak. Oh well.
Bummer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.